• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I was going to say 10-15 years, but didn't have any source to cite to back it up other than what I have read here and there. Obviously lower temps mean longer storage times.

145av8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    :patriot:Hey Folks,
    I am one of the co-owners of Wheat-n-Things. We have grains and beans mostly in 50 lbs bags and 45 lbs buckets. We make a monthly delivery to Louisville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. On the 3rd Tuesday we deliver in Southern IN, Floyds Knobs area. We started this side business because we had the same problem as most, getting good bread making supplies. Shipping is a killer for few bags of grain. We get it by the pallets full. If there is enough interest in your neck of the woods, we would like to try to work something out. Maybe a delivery once every couple of months. We don't mark up the price very much to justify having a store front or delivering everywhere. This keeps the prices reasonable. A lot of customers go in together and make one trip.
    It's beautiful down here in Southern IN. shoot us an email or order online. Let us know how we can help.

Lyndsey, Candy, Alan and Edie
    Home

145av8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Corydon. The first state capital of Indiana. Home of one of the few Civil War battles fought in the North. There is your History lesson for the day. 20 minutes west of I-65 on I-64. I drive through Indy about once every month or two on my way to Ft. Wayne. It takes all of 2 hours to get from Indy to Corydon.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    I am one of the co-owners of Wheat-n-Things. We have grains and beans mostly in 50 lbs bags and 45 lbs buckets. We make a monthly delivery to Louisville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. On the 3rd Tuesday we deliver in Southern IN, Floyds Knobs area. We started this side business because we had the same problem as most, getting good bread making supplies. Shipping is a killer for few bags of grain. We get it by the pallets full. If there is enough interest in your neck of the woods, we would like to try to work something out. Maybe a delivery once every couple of months. We don't mark up the price very much to justify having a store front or delivering everywhere. This keeps the prices reasonable. A lot of customers go in together and make one trip.
    It's beautiful down here in Southern IN. shoot us an email or order online. Let us know how we can help.

Home

A friend of ours just picked up several hundred pounds 2 weeks ago and dropped 150 of it off at my house. I'm very impressed with the quality and the price.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Home
    How are the buckets of wheat prepared? Mylar and o2 absorbers? Nitrogen? Thanks!

145av8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    The grains come in 6 gallon buckets or bags, both from the factory. The buckets do have the o2 absorbers, but not the mylar bags. The wheat will be good for 6-7 years without o2 absorber. Just store it in a dry place. Most of our customers buy the grain for it nutritional value and use it weekly. You need a good mill and mixer for that. Hand cranks and a kitchen aid will do for a survivial or occasional treat. We got the buckets and then get 50 lb bags after that. Customers like the gamma seal lids that fit on almost all large buckets. They just screw on and off.

If you have never seen grains milled and made into bread or whatever. There is a lot of info on the net and youtube videos. It takes practice. I could have built a nice fort with my wife's bricks of bread when she started. She makes about six loafs at a time and 2 will be gone within a 1/2 hour. The kids are like little puppies waiting for a treat.

Top Bottom