• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    Yes OP there is some veiled disbelief of your story. It may be the way you write, or just the way it is coming across, but it reads like B.S.. I am not accusing you of lying, I am just voicing what many are thinking. You have to realize there are a lot of internet commandos out there. Some of us were just hoping to see a little verification as you are new here.

Still have disbelief?? you look like an idiot now…hahahha

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    Instead of asking for proof or verification of the OP's experience...he just accused him of a bull **** story. Great way to treat people new to this forum. I'm sure the OP will really want to stick around here, he was trying to be helpful... Maybe Cedartop is just jealous because he trains people for these encounters, but has never actually had one. Because he is a self defense trainer, does that give him the power to determine what is bull**** and what is not?

This thread is the reason I troll instead of post useful information.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Instead of asking for proof or verification of the OP's experience...he just accused him of a bull **** story. Great way to treat people new to this forum. I'm sure the OP will really want to stick around here, he was trying to be helpful... Maybe Cedartop is just jealous because he trains people for these encounters, but has never actually had one. Because he is a self defense trainer, does that give him the power to determine what is bull**** and what is not?

This thread is the reason I troll instead of post useful information.

Dude...Party Foul! Seriously!

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Great way to treat people new to this forum. I'm sure the OP will really want to stick around here, he was trying to be helpful...

Not sure if the OP will be back around. Seems like he kinda got run off in another thread where he dared to disagree with the INGO general line of thought. We'll see.

Hope he sticks around.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I lurk and troll and sell stuff in the classifieds.

Want to buy some .22 ammo? I have 275,000 rounds left. I'm selling it for $95.00 a thousand…If you buy 10,000 or more at a time I will give it to you at $85.00 per thousand

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I lurk and troll and sell stuff in the classifieds.

Want to buy some .22 ammo? I have 275,000 rounds left. I'm selling it for $95.00 a thousand…If you buy 10,000 or more at a time I will give it to you at $85.00 per thousand

Well, I don't own a .22, nor do I have $20,000 to spend on ammo, but if I did would you sell all 275,000 rounds to me for $20K? With free shipping? :laugh:

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I think we could work that out….I will deliver it at no charge anywhere in the state….as long as anywhere is inside of Indianapolis…more specifically inside 465

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure if the OP will be back around. Seems like he kinda got run off in another thread where he dared to disagree with the INGO general line of thought. We'll see.

Hope he sticks around.

Is that how you perceived what happened in that topic? Interesting.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    They are "Critical Defense" with a green tip. Same bullet, same powder. :dunno:

A justifiable shoot is a justifiable shoot.

I know that, but for sake of conversation if it was known that you defended your life with a box of these, then it may not reflect positively on you:
    316319_10150349685928369_80176223368_8118710_1939886866_n.jpg

"So, did you think Mr. Robber was a zombie?"

-- "No sir, I did not."

"Do you believe zombies are real?"

Yadda yadda.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Glad the shooting turned out for the OP.

As for rolling your own defensive ammo, I am not a criminal attorney, but I am a trial lawyer and I know that in front of a jury, I would use every possible angle and nuance to press my position.

Legally speaking, a good shoot is a good shoot is a good shoot, regardless of the ammo. I kind of doubt that the prosecute-don't prosecute decision would hinge on ammunition, but I guess anything is possible.

However, if the decision to prosecute is made and I were to find out that a person loaded their own ammo, I would look into whether I could paint a picture of a guy out there looking to get into a situation where he can get a chance to shoot. Can I make him look like a "tough guy" who wants nothing more than to get challenged so he can play out the ultimate power move?

The Zombie ammo would have me looking to see if I could paint this guy as a "life is a game" type who views killing someone as recreation. Heck, if the guy carried a .45 and was on a forum, I'd seriously look to see if he ever engaged in those back-and-forths where he talked about how much more deadly a .45 was, to make him look, not like a person who was just trying to stop an attack, but like a bloodthirsty killer. Colion Noir's: "... a .45 kills the soul..." quote comes to mind (yes, I know he was joking, a lot of .45 carriers who quote it? That's for the jury.

One way of looking at it is if it's not one thing, it's another. Chances are I'll be able to come up with some kind of angle to give the story pizzazz.

BTW- The "I" here is the trial lawyer "I", not the personal philoshophy "I". I am speaking as a hypothetical prosecutor based upon my knowledge of trying cases.

As for me, I let the Hornady family pack my ammo. They have more experience than I do.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom