Loadeda new round tonight for the first time...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Somebody needs an ammo box! :)

We need more details on the load; powder, bullets, velocity, etc.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I'm glad there is a picture but I should would like to hear about how the brass was sized and the load development!

Trim down some .308 commercial brass to just under 1.8", run through the 358 Hoosier sizing die, trim again to just under 1.8" and wallah, 358 Hoosier brass! That's how I do it anyway.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Make sure you check that they fit in your chamber. My gun won't load any rounds that have been made with any brass except Winchester. That's for ones made from 308 at least. I'm trying some hornady 358win brass tonight

boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    sorry guys, ok I started with 308 brass, cut it down to 1.8", then formed it, then trimmed it back to 1.795. I used 41 grains of reloaders 10x, 200 grain hornady bullets, going to shoot this weekend. Http://www.bobsgunshop.net setup the rifle, started with a brand new never fired savage model 11, and he ordered the barrel, chambered it, threaded the barrel, and blued it. Should be around 2500 fps.

Bob has used 308 brass in his 358, (built exactly like mine) and it chambers fine.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Just don't be surprised if your rounds don't chamber. Unless you used Winchester brass. Not saying it for sure wont work, but it's a pretty common problem.

Top Bottom