• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My buddy's place in the Foxwoods Neighborhood of Lafayette (down in the ravine behind Cracker Barrel by I-65) is infested with lizards of some sort. Today I captured a baby lizard.

Can anyone identify this type of lizard?

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTIwNzA4LTAwMTA2LmpwZw.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like a salamander. You found it in a ravine? Near water (or what might normally have water in it)? Could be a newt, too. Best to put it back. Many of them are protected species and you never know when one might have special privileges accorded it by the powers that be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK, looks like they are local yokels:

Eumeces fasciatus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The range of the Five-lined Skink extends in the north to southern Ontario, the lower peninsula of Michigan and eastern New York. The western border is in Minnesota, Missouri and eastern Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas. These skinks tend to be most abundant on the coastal plain in the southeastern United States and along the Gulf Coast. They have now been seen in increasing numbers in the northern Chesapeake Bay Region of Maryland particularly along the shores of the Elk River

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    OK, looks like they are local yokels:

Eumeces fasciatus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The range of the Five-lined Skink extends in the north to southern Ontario, the lower peninsula of Michigan and eastern New York. The western border is in Minnesota, Missouri and eastern Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas. These skinks tend to be most abundant on the coastal plain in the southeastern United States and along the Gulf Coast. They have now been seen in increasing numbers in the northern Chesapeake Bay Region of Maryland particularly along the shores of the Elk River

beat me to it , but yeah ^

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There was a big brain trust discussion at the hill run today because no one thought they were local and my buddy lives near someone who was involved in the exotic animal bidness.

You can see the pressing issues that we discuss before and after exercise.:D

Top Bottom