• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    through a weird progression we ended up buying a 938 extreme. I had read mixed reviews but my wife loved the feel of the slide and the mini 1911 handling.After a couple of range session with FTF,FTE, and light primer strikes we shipped it back to sig also asking that the sights be changed because when it did fire we all were consistently hitting low. Sig warranty people were good on the phone and returned quickly. the paperwork they sent back said they changed the recoil spring and had 0 failures and to correct the low hits we should concentrate more...now I try to take criticism well but but the other 4 handguns we were using all shot well that day.So i didn't have much hope. Here the funny part,100 rounds later. 0 malfunctions, still shoots low. I am feeling better about the gun ,love the handling. Next range I guess i'll concentrate more:dunno:

SIGs use a "combat" or "#3" sight picture. You have to cover up the bullseye with the front sight, not a 6 O'clock hold. Most folks who shoot SIGs, Walthers, and HK's for the first time complain about shooting low until they find out that the gun is sighted that way.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D495012;453;221
    Click this link and what you want is #3 on the very right....

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have two SigSauers so far, a P226 9mm and a SigPro2022 in .357 Sig which I would show but the interface has changed and doesn't allow my host all of a sudden so I can't. :(

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    SIGs use a "combat" or "#3" sight picture. You have to cover up the bullseye with the front sight, not a 6 O'clock hold. Most folks who shoot SIGs, Walthers, and HK's for the first time complain about shooting low until they find out that the gun is sighted that way.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D495012;453;221
    Click this link and what you want is #3 on the very right....
    Thanks for the info,I will give that a try next time. If it really is sighted differently than all my other pistols ,glocks,1911 and rugerLc9, that could be a problem. Is there a practical solution for making it sight like everything else?

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    You have the same type of addiction I got into... :D

Mine started with their other polymer wonder, the Sig Pro 2022. You owe it to yourself to try one of those out, they are an incredible value

+1 on the SP2022. It is the only Sig I own but IMO it is one of the most underrated handguns out there. You would be hard pressed to find a better value pistol. Next for me is the P229 or P226 Navy.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I also love my Sigs: P226 in 9mm, a P226 in .40, a P230 in .380 and a P232 in .380. All are great pistols and fun to shoot. I have never had a FTF from any of them. No Glocks in my safe and I'm OK with that

Top Bottom