• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wrong forum. Used to be a week if you paid the extra cash, right now it is 4 and a half months.

I paid the extra cash and got it a week to they day later... Before the rush.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Wait, there's two distinctly different ways to approach your application.
    One is electronic fingerprints, and one is more traditional (ink fingerprints on card).

The L1 method with electronic fingerprints will knock approx. two months off the waiting time for a citizen that has a clean police record. Cost difference is about $12. The L1 method is worth the extra $.

This thread talks about both, and how long people are waiting. Those that applied in December (L1 method) are currently processed, or near the top of the pile.

Subscribe to this thread...

Current LTCH Wait

pmadera

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    is there any way to follow up on an application?

has anyone waited more than 3 months?

Last edited by a moderator:

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I heard if you file online it goes much quicker. May want to try that route if you are havent already filed

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    has anyone waited more than 3 months?

Yes me.... Ive been waiting for six months now.. ive called them and they said it may be due to election time.. i have had all my paperwork done and submitted before all of the election

Sorry about the wrong forum.. I am new..lol

OH and I did pay the extra and do the electronic fingerprints through L1 Solutions..

for sure the lifetime .. and I did call the ISP firearms division and they are the ones that gave me the bull.. the lady said she couldnt tell where my application was then i called back and she said it could be february.. that would be over 6 months.. that seems crazy to me.. she said it was due to be sent to the background department 2 months ago... must take a long time to do background checks.. ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Mine took 6 weeks two years ago but I heard from a buddy that it is close to 6 months right now, might want to call to your local police station and see.

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Not sure how long it takes now, but I would encourage that you get the lifetime.
    A little more expensive, but much less hassle in the future.

Top Bottom