• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    So shes allowed to have an M1 carbine, but her beloved party wont let me have one.... That sounds like a liberal.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The person interviewed is kind of confused, obviously. A transgender, feminist, queer activist, liberal, gun owner.

How can one even start to attempt to have a rational conversation knowing all of that information?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    The person interviewed is kind of confused, obviously. A transgender, feminist, queer activist, liberal, gun owner.

How can one even start to attempt to have a rational conversation knowing all of that information?

I was trying to place my finger on what what was giving me the creeps about "her" until I read the first line of the article. :ugh:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wouldn't enter a gun store wearing a Obama t-shirt because he is too conservative… What a tool bag.

After reading these articles I understand why they support transgender… They are just as confused :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We need all the gun rights supporters we can get, but it does make you wonder who exactly these folks are voting for in elections.

They're voting for the people that have the majority of their interests in mind. I personally support gun ownership, but I also support abortion, I like public education, but I hate welfare moochers..... rarely do people agree 100% with the two choices that are most often forced upon us.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I would say that generally I agree with you. But the context of the article posted seemed to imply that these folks, while Liberal, were fervent supporters of the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't reconcile with a vote for Obama (nor, in fairness, does it reconcile with the unlikely possibility that they voted for Romney) so I'm curious who they vote for generally, or if their implied fervent 2nd Amendment support isn't quite so fervent.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I would say that generally I agree with you. But the context of the article posted seemed to imply that these folks, while Liberal, were fervent supporters of the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't reconcile with a vote for Obama (nor, in fairness, does it reconcile with the unlikely possibility that they voted for Romney) so I'm curious who they vote for generally, or if their implied fervent 2nd Amendment support isn't quite so fervent.

It shouldn't matter who they voted for because they support the shooting sports and the 2nd Amendment. That's all that really matters since who people vote for is a private matter of conscience and the political tent of the 2nd Amendment is quite large.

For instance, the passage of the Brady Bill was nearly unanimous by both parties in both the Senate and the House. Reagan urged passing it as early as 1991. And President Bush Senior supported banning the importation of assault weapons in 1989 which was very divisive to the NRA at the time.
    And it was 4 Republicans who unsuccessfully tried to reauthorize the Assault Weapons Ban for another 10 years in 2008.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr6257

....It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

....Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."
    ....The ominous Assault Weapons Ban that passed in 1994 was a key part of H.R. 3355, The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.
    ....In the House of Representatives, the vote was not even close. A "verbal vote" was cast so there is not even a record in the House of who voted for/against. There was not enough opposition to even require more detailed voting processes.
    In the Senate, the story is much the same, but the senators' votes are on record, and we can see in no-uncertain terms that the Republicans supported the assault weapons ban just as much as the democrats. Here's how the actual vote went down:

Number of Democrats voting for the AWB: 50/53 (94.3%)
    Number of Republicans voting for the AWB: 45/47 (95.7%)

Republicans voting against:
    David Durenberger (MN),Mark Hatfield (OR)

Democrats voting against:
    Paul Simon (IL), Russell Feingold (WI)

Not voting: Byron Dorgan - Democrat (ND)

The Truth About Gun Control And Partisanship - BSAlert.com

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

Maybe by not being judgmental and only focusing on the delusion that people are different from each other, and instead focusing on the gun rights issue and other commonalities that are shared with this fellow human being, perhaps? :dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It shouldn't matter who they voted for because they support the shooting sports and the 2nd Amendment. That's all that really matters since who people vote for is a private matter of conscience and the political tent of the 2nd Amendment is quite large.

So long as those votes aren't for politicians that are opposed to our 2nd Amendment rights, that is fair enough.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So long as those votes aren't for politicians that are opposed to our 2nd Amendment rights, that is fair enough.

^^^This^^^ The main "character" in the article stated that Obama was too conservative for him/her, so perhaps they're voting for third/fourth/fifth party candidates? :dunno: Or perhaps as Kutnupe said, they hold their nose like many of the rest of us and vote for whomever they disagree with the least?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe by not being judgmental and only focusing on the delusion that people are different from each other, and instead focusing on the gun rights issue and other commonalities that are shared with this fellow human being, perhaps? :dunno:

I am judgmental as it is a defense mechanism that i use. The person interviewed in the article is the kind of person that i would stay away from. I don't care if they are pro gun, something is just not making sense to me there.

Some of the other comments here touch around what i am thinking. Just cannot put the thought into words, must be too early.

Top Bottom