• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    Have you ever had a LGS not allow you to handle a gun with no intent to buy? It happened today. So I will go somewhere else and spend my money.
    :noway::noway::noway::noway::noway: Five out of five thumbs down.

Scott

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    :wow:

Looking leads to fondling, fondling leads to buying... we encourage our customers to handle the guns and ask questions, even if they're not prepared to buy at that moment.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Happened to me once in Fort Wayne. I wanted to handle a Chiappa Rhino. Wouldn't let me see it unless I was serious about buying it. I wasn't real serious but said heck with it. I just wanted to hold and and check the feel of it. The guy wouldn't even let me do that without keeping a hold of it. They were worried because people were pulling back the hammer and advancing the cylinder and it was leaving a mark around the cylinder.

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I was asked if I was going to buy there or elsewhere and I said it depends on the deal. That's when I got the speech on how folks come there to handle guns and buy online or at other places and how do you keep a business open when you don't sell guns. There you have it. How do you sell guns and stay in business when you don't allow customers to handle the guns. :dunno:

Scott

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Thats just insane. I would understand this happening if the buyer was under 21 and it was a handgun but only allowing someone touch it if they were serious about buying is ridiculous. Feeling the gun is part of the buying process. Would a jeweler ask if you were serious about buying a ring before bringing it out to show you?

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thats just insane. I would understand this happening if the buyer was under 21 and it was a handgun but only allowing someone touch it if they were serious about buying is ridiculous. Feeling the gun is part of the buying process. Would a jeweler ask if you were serious about buying a ring before bringing it out to show you?

I actually havent seen this happen alot as even if your under 21. Alot of places will still let me handle but im only a month away but they also let my friend which just turned 19. Is there a law against handling handguns before 21? Im planning on buying one shortly and want to handle as many as possibly because I want to make sure it feels right and there are so many choices. If they dont let you handle then they must be having bad customer services and wont improve it or they only want to sell to certain people they like. I have experienced that and once they do I just leave that minute but it was at a pawn shop.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I'm not going to say. I'm sure if you have been to both you would know which one. The crazy thing is that I have bought two guns there.

Scott

Well as far as I'm concerned...if the gunstore doesn't get a name....it didn't happen.
    The WHOLE point of a post like LGS FAIL should be to help the rest of us avoid the same kind of situation (poor customer service).

So now I guess I should avoid BOTH Phoenix and the Peddler......?

-G

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Hint. It is not in a strip mall.
    Thank-you.
    So now I know I can continue to give the Peddler my business.

Please know, I wasn't trying to be difficult....just wanted to know the Columbus "score" on firearm retailers.

Thanks,
    -G

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    that is kind of weird, most shops let you handle the arm, even in cabelas they have some in display and they give you new in the box if you buy. move on buy somewere else, i have some times had idea about some arm and once i handle there is something that i dont like so i dont buy it, so if they dont let me touch and manipulate the gun i am not buying from them.

Top Bottom