• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I'll have to get a picture of me and the old mans collection. We're getting to be quite the Henry fans.

But here's a new one Marlin just announced this past month or so. Their making it in both the 1895 and 336

Idk about you all, but I NEED IT!

Oa2IJ1F.png

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'll have to get a picture of me and the old mans collection. We're getting to be quite the Henry fans.

But here's a new one Marlin just announced this past month or so. Their making it in both the 1895 and 336

Idk about you all, but I NEED IT!

Oa2IJ1F.png

They were showing these off at the NRA thing that was downtown. They were pretty slick.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like that marlin is trying new things with their lever guns, but if I were to buy a new lever gun today it'd be a Case Hardened Henry in 45/70. My only hesitation on buying one now is that I'd be broken hearted if they came out with a side feed version of it next year.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm only going to mention this here because this type of setup comes up from time to time in discussions about scoped or scout type setups for lever guns, but there's a new puma 92 44 mag scout rig up on gunbroker as of today just in case anyone wants to try chasing it down: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812300750

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Just my humble opinion, but something just dont look right for a lever to have a red dot and flashlight. Seems sacrilegious.

I only ever add scopes to lever-actions when I want to see - and therefore, hit - my target. I know you said red dot and flashlight, but a lot of people feel the same way about scopes.

p.s. Old eyes suck, so you do what you have to do.

1978 Winchester 9422 XTR 22 Magnum. 1988 9422 XTR 22 Magnum

attachment.php

Henry Small Game Carbine 22 Magnum

attachment.php

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have an optic on my 17HMR. The illuminated reticle is great for getting rid of varmints at night. Finding 30mm rings that mounted to rimfire tip-off mounts took some work, though (Warne are the only ones I could find that make them).

henryrings-X2.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have an optic on my 17HMR. The illuminated reticle is great for getting rid of varmints at night. Finding 30mm rings that mounted to rimfire tip-off mounts took some work, though (Warne are the only ones I could find that make them).

That's a great looking Henry/Leupold setup Gabriel. I have the Varmint Express version of the Henry .17. Very smooth actions on the Henry lever-actions. I didn't know those Warne rings came in 30mm. I have a 30mm Vortex on a CZ rimfire that I had to use the adaptors-plus-Weaver rings on. I think I'll look for those Warne rings. Much cleaner look. Thanks for sharing that.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    It's the Henry. I just got it for my birthday and quite like it. All my other levers are rimfire or 44 Mag, so the longer throw of the lever on this one threw me off initially. I'm used to it now.

I don’t see a loading port so I assume removable mag tube?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I own a couple of levers I never shot a deer with one yet I might take them out this year.
    That's not a Rossi is it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back when I bought mine it was a "puma" that was later bought by "legacy", which was later bought by Rossi.

Top Bottom