• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    First and for most I apologize in advance if someone has a thread similar to this, I searched and couldn't find one so I'm playing the newbie card.....

I'm in the process of revamping my Rem 700 22-250 and refitting it's optics.
    My interest has been drawn to the 4.5-14 VX3 with CDS. Does anyone have any experience with this setup "CDS" PROS and CONS. I would really like some feed back before dumping 500 bucks on optics.

If anyone knows of a like system I would love to hear about it also.
    Thanks in advance

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im not a fan of leupold products period, there is usually if not always a better way to spend your hard earned money in the optics market. a 600 dollar leupold is usually just as good as most companies 400 dollar scope. all that aside.

the cds is basically there version of the huskemaw system (i think huskemaw was first) but alot of folks do this, they say "hey we can design a turret or recticle that you never have to shoot 600 yds to know where to aim or dial. in my experiance there is only 1 reliable way to get long range dope, and thats rounds down range. you can take any scope that tracks true and sight in at 200yds then shoot 250,300,350 etc and record you data and actually know for a fact what your gun does with x load at y range.

to me the cds is just another gimick to draw in folks.

also if you get a cds for your load in 300 winmag and decide its not for you or for any reason you need to sell it you have limited your petental buyers pool tremeniously. if you buy quality optics they retain a good bit of there value so this is somthing to think about before spending 500 bucks.

if it doesn't work leupolds customer service IN MY EXPERIANCE rivials what i expect from tasco.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have come into a couple of Leupolds with CDS dials with MOA markings and so far I prefer M1s. They are much easier to snag, can be spun past their 'zero', and are tough to see from behind the rifle. The only advantage the CDS offer is a lower profile.

Any dial with yardage markings not also marked with MOA or Mil is a step in the wrong direction. So the underlying idea of turrets that are marked up for one bullet at one speed at one temperature and one elevation confirmed by someone else's ballistic computer, does not appeal.

Top Bottom