• ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    A few months ago my truck got totalled when a woman ran a red light and struck me. There was only one witness. While he supported my claim of having a green light and her being at fault, it would have made me feel better to have better evidence. There have been a couple of close calls since then so I have been considering getting a dash camera. What's your experience with them?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This is the one I recently purchased although I have not had the opportunity to install it yet. Front and rear cameras, GPS tracking, sound and other options. Pretty good ratings for everything I've seen. They had a "Lightning sale" so I paid $50 less than the current advertised price!:rockwoot:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LPV7G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How does the rear camera work? It have it's own recording system? Wired connection to the front camera that you have to fish around the tops of the door sills?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    How does the rear camera work? It have it's own recording system? Wired connection to the front camera that you have to fish around the tops of the door sills?

Wired, can't help you with any other aspects of the system as I haven't installed it yet. As is typical though I've read that you should upgrade the SD card since it comes with a small one. The video I've seen on youtube looked very clear front and rear although the field of vision for the rear cam was considerably narrower than the front which I believe is 170+ degrees.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Posting in this thread JINXED me today!!! I got smacked hard.

And after a recent firmware upgrade, my ROAV must have reverted to low resolution mode. I'll have to check it's settings tomorrow.

[video=youtube_share;bnp8FGxf61I]http://youtu.be/bnp8FGxf61I[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Posting in this thread JINXED me today!!! I got smacked hard.

And after a recent firmware upgrade, my ROAV must have reverted to low resolution mode. I'll have to check it's settings tomorrow.

[video=youtube_share;bnp8FGxf61I]http://youtu.be/bnp8FGxf61I[/video]

Just curious, I wonder if the city might have some responsibility in this due to the condition of the roads? Playing devil's advocate here, nothing more.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was dizzy and a little sore yesterday but fine today. That pothole wasn't even that big. The lady that hit me came through the green light @ full speed, thought she had room to go around to the left but did not have room... obviously.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    i just tried to get a video off mine and realized it's missing 15-45 seconds between clips. Dang it. I wonder if it's taking time to delete files before it can start recording the new one. SAw something today I really wanted to review but i can't :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i just tried to get a video off mine and realized it's missing 15-45 seconds between clips. Dang it. I wonder if it's taking time to delete files before it can start recording the new one. SAw something today I really wanted to review but i can't :(

I wouldn't think so.
    Maybe the card has a problem.

Mine has an "event" category. When there's a shock, it records an event, and that clip is not overwritten.
    So, over time, the card may fill.

Top Bottom