Let's Organize "ILOCD": (Indiana Legal Open Carry Day)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey as a NWI person YOU should be offline @ watching the BEARs vs Green Bay.

Actually I should be in St John at the Fencing Club fixing weapons but I'm too sore from skipping my arthritis medications (ran out) and then working on my landscaping, moving 'decorative' rocks, and digging holes in clay to attempt to replant hostas that my wife dug up from another part of the property. So instead I'm home, munching vicodin like a fat kid eats cupcakes.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If we are still talking about doing t-shirts for this I had an idea...

Use the Obama slogan and say...

"YES WE CAN...

OPEN CARRY"

And the "O" in open carry will be the Obama symbol...:dunno:

images
    How about making the blue part say "open carry" and below it all put "yes we can"

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Slight editing... I would have done a little more detail, but I'm in bed on a laptop with touchpad, don't have my stylus handy...

1lp9z.png

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I was listening to 93.1 this morning. Heard about all the grief a family owned business called Just Cookies is getting for not making cupcakes for some high schoolers that wanted "rainbow" ones for national coming out day.

Again the name of the store is JUST Cookies... Anyway I plan to support them by visiting their store and purchasing their products this weekend. My only question is if it's legal to carry since there since it's the city's property that's being leased.

I really think it would be great if we could meet and greet there. How many times do we talk about supporting "all" our rights not just the 2A. Here we have a family owned business being demonized by a small but vocal special interest group.

Is anyone up for a carry event- meet and greet there? (if it's legal) I'm talking OC or CC it's all good.

Also to be very clear I'd support this business if the roles were completely reversed. It's their business period.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I was listening to 93.1 this morning. Heard about all the grief a family owned business called Just Cookies is getting for not making cupcakes for some high schoolers that wanted "rainbow" ones for national coming out day.

Again the name of the store is JUST Cookies... Anyway I plan to support them by visiting their store and purchasing their products this weekend. My only question is if it's legal to carry since there since it's the city's property that's being leased.

I really think it would be great if we could meet and greet there. How many times do we talk about supporting "all" our rights not just the 2A. Here we have a family owned business being demonized by a small but vocal special interest group.

Is anyone up for a carry event- meet and greet there? (if it's legal) I'm talking OC or CC it's all good.

Also to be very clear I'd support this business if the roles were completely reversed. It's their business period.

That incident prompted me to write an email to the Mayor's "spokesman" based on his comments that the owner should not let personal feelings interfere with the selling of his product.

Greetings Mr. Vane,

I am writing to you with a question concerning a quote attributed to you in regards to the recent Just Cookies incident in City Market.
    You were quoted as saying:

"Whatever this gentleman's personal views are, it cannot interfere with the providing of a service or allowing someone to buy their goods," Vane said.

My question to you is:
    Would you support a gun owner, with a License to Carry, in a similar situation?

It is not illegal for a Licensed gun owner to carry a handgun in most places of business in Indiana, however, a proprietor can ask the gun owner to leave, thereby refusing them service. If a Licensed gun owner, such as myself, is refused service for merely carrying a legally owned firearm, can Indianapolis gun owners expect your support in the same way you supported the diversity group from IUPUI?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the situation I outlined, would seem to fit hand in hand with the quote you made regarding Just Cookies, would it not?

Thank you for your time,

James

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Good letter and thanks for the Vane quote.

Mr. Vane may want to butt out of PRIVATE business. It's gov't people like himself that give support to this kind of nonsense.

With guys like this and the commie Public Safety Director the Mayor may have torpedoed his reelection chances.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    I suggest fort wayne......Tom henry is apart of the mayors against guns coalition..... I dont like him at all and he is goin to be voted out......i hope......ANYWAYS I suggest fort wayne for the open carry day...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I suggest fort wayne......Tom henry is apart of the mayors against guns coalition..... I dont like him at all and he is goin to be voted out......i hope......ANYWAYS I suggest fort wayne for the open carry day...
    I agree that Ft. Wayne would be a great place to OC and I would travel there to do so...seems like I have read more negative comments about carrying there than most other places in the state.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I OC'd there wednesday and no one cared. I know the MCSD saw my gun.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Great Idea...
    How 'bout...
    On the front of the shirt...

Honoring The Founders
    Hoosiers Exercising The 2nd
    Open Carry Day
    10/16/10

With a photo of the Constitution on the back of the shirt?
    (Actual date to be determined)

Top Bottom