• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I my reading on this forum I have notice that the majority of subscribers are either Glock owners or 1911 shooters. While I have absolutely no problem with this I often wonder why. I have fired many handguns in my life and don't see anything special about them. I will start with the 1911: A revolutionary firearm 100 years ago. Soak the last 3 words there for minute... I have been to competitions were more than 1 1911 shooter is bleeding from trying to beat a jam out of a 1911.

Now I will move on to the glocks. I hate them. It has nothing to due with the way they function. I just hate them, they are ugly and feel like a toy your hand. I know everyone will say "LEO's carry them because they are the best" I say to you stop and think about that statement( I mean I know some cops and I am not trusting their opinion on this subject). I DO NOT think these are poor firearms or that people that choose these are dumb. I just want to know What is all the Hype?. After shooting a number of both I'll stick with the SIG and the Wheel guns. Let harsh words begin!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have been to competitions were more than 1 1911 shooter is bleeding from trying to beat a jam out of a 1911.

I've been shooting 1911's for decades and never knew you could "beat jam" out of one.

What flavor? I hope grape, but I would settle for strawberry.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    so what do you think about hi points? are they better looking then a glock?
    lol
    I like 1911's and glocks. i have a revolver and other pistols.
    i trust them. i dont care as much as how ugly a glock is. i know when i pull the trigger it will go bang.

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    lol
    I like 1911's and glocks. i have a revolver and other pistols.
    i trust them. i dont care as much as how ugly a glock is. i know when i pull the trigger it will go bang.
    I don't even trust a Hi points for a club!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup that is a serious carry gun. 4 pounds of pot metal is comforting to carry, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

wintram said:
    Let's Make the Glock and 1911 Guys Mad
    Next, how about we all talk about how crappy Galco, Bianchi, CrossBreed and Milt Spark really are when compared to those "universal fit" nylon holsters?

The concept of this thread is pretty lame. If you like a gun that is fine. We are not children here you don't need to insult guns/owners you don't like. Doing so doesn't make another gun better. It just makes it your personal choice.

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I've been shooting 1911's for decades and never knew you could "beat jam" out of one.

What flavor? I hope grape, but I would settle for strawberry.
    I didnt either but I figured you 1911 guys knew everything about guns so I laughed and went on my way.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    agreed.....Glocks are a lot of hype for an ordinary pistol, while I do own a few there is nothing really that spectacular about them except for being somewhat "idiot proof" in regards to no safety however this also makes it accident prone for true idiots as well

the 1911 is a solid design and personal favorite, but I can't say I've ever noticed them being prone to jamming....although certain competitions it may be more likely when people start experimenting with different springs, ammo loads, etc........it may be 100 year old design but, why fix what isn't broke?.......

Sigs are great guns too.....from an engineering standpoint....in the mechanical fields German engineers are hard to beat by any means....excellent quality...if anything bad could be said about German engineering it would only be that they "over-build" things....but that's not necessarily a bad thing

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glock-Commandments.jpg

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I must say that I have shot Glocks and they shoot just as well as my Springfields, but I too felt that they feel like toys and are ugly as sin.

Top Bottom