• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I just got back from giving a unit of blood, and they said the Indiana Red Cross was real low on all types of blood. I thought it would be good to see how many of us could go donate. It just takes a little of time. If you do, come back and post here. Maybe we can help make a difference. :twocents:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'm O-, but I am deathly afraid of needles. I tried giving blood my frosh yr. of college and almost passed out, and then one time when I needed surgery I went into a panic attack while they were putting the IV in.

Hats off to all of you that donate, and donate often. If I didn't freak out around needles so much I would give too.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I need to check to see if I can. I lived in Geat Britain during the late 1980's. Apparently mad cow was around or something and those circumstances precluded my donating.

I am A+, not so common, so I should check again. Thanks for the great idea.

I would suggest a pledge of donate a pint everytime you buy a gun but that would kill many of us. :):

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    just gave monday. i give every time they are in franklin. only takes about 1/2 hour. come on guys get out there and do something that will make a difference

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've given literally gallons in my life because I figured it was the least I can do. HOWEVER, due to the treatment I recieved last year during one of the blood drives at work I will never give again unless I know the recipient personally!! I go to Mexico almost every year and due to my interests frequently leave the "resort" areas. After a recent trip to Mex I go to the bloodmobile, fill out the paperwork and then am promptly told I can't donate because I left the "resort" area. I told the attendant that this was the same thing I do all the time, with the same answers on the donor survey and it never bothered anyone before. They took the donation conditionally and that's when it got interesting. Got a call from the state director that I was under investigation for fraud!??!!! Short story, their system screwed up and had allowed me to donate all those times when they shouldn't have, an attendant that was doing their job properly caught the mistake and for the next several months they treated me like a criminal. Sorry, if I don't know you you can't have any!!!!!:xmad:

Top Bottom