• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jainsalem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ok, maybe there's a thread out there but I did not see.

Where can I find lefty holsters suitable for edc?
    And what are your favorites?
    Thanks.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ok, maybe there's a thread out there but I did not see.

Where can I find lefty holsters suitable for edc?
    And what are your favorites?
    Thanks.

I currently have 3, all by different manufacturers. I had a 4th, but I tossed it, it was a piece of crap (Serpa Blackhawk).

I have a left handed holster from El Paso saddlery for my S&W M&P 5" Pro. This is a decent holster, I have learned to HATE the retention screws though.

I have a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gould-Goodrich-803-34LH-Pancake-Holster/dp/B004WB0Y0O"]left handed holster from Gould and Goodrich for my S&W 66 4"[/ame]. This is a well made and solid holster. It is a thumb break design.

I have a left handed Cuda holster from Simply Rugged for my S&W 1911sc E series bobtail. This is an EXTREMELY well made holster.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have several Crossbreed holsters and a Biannchi serpent.

They're out there, but you have to look a little harder. It builds character that those righties don't have.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    here are a few i have been using.
    top left blackhawk serpa, top right crossbreed supertuck, middle galco fl203, bottom left bianchi 7/7l, bottom right galco 9025. and the shoulder is bianchi 16h/l. some of these i can only use during the winter, and a couple can use in the summer. all are very comfortable

holsters001_zpsd9490835.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Didn't take me long to strike gold. I got a Crossbreed Minituck for a PT709 with a laser, but it just happens to be perfect for my Para P12, so that's my EDC. I keep it at about 8 o'clock. Took all of half a day to break it in, it disappears on me and if I didn't know it was there I wouldn't know it was there. A couple of times, I've laid down to take a nap, and only later realized I'd been laying on it. YMMV. Waiting for a shoulder rig for around the house when I don't have my regular pants on, we'll see how well that one works out.

jainsalem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Looks like lots of options but where do you find such items? Online only?
    Are they special order most places? How about some dealers out there.
    I'm in southern Indiana

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    What are you looking for a holster for? possibly someone here will have an extra one laying around that they would give, or sell to you reasonably, and give you an idea what you are looking for. Im not a lefty, but I am sure that its not any different in regard to trying a few holsters before you settle on one that is just right for you.

jainsalem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Exactly. I'm looking for a place to find them, dealers etc. I've been to the Bass Pro and a couple of local shops and everything I come across is right handed.

Specifically right now I have a 4" xd9.
    I will hopefully soon have a 9mm shield or the like as something smaller for summer carry.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Choose your righty in person based on features. Then order, or go online to order, the lefty variant.

I love my Blackhawk Serpa lefty for my Glock 19. I also have a Bianchi lefty paddle for my Ruger P95. I also have an Uncle Mike's ambidexterous that I use with the P95. Something to be said about a holster made for a specific model though. The Blackhawk I have is made for the G19. The fit is superb to the one size fits most holsters I have for the P95.

Top Bottom