Lee Precision Deluxe 4-Station Turret Press Reloading Kit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have an older 3-hole, and for what it is I'm happy with it. If you are reloading rifle rounds I would recommend the Classic turret... and even if your not, the classic turret would be better. Just a bit more expensive.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    After many years of loading with a single stage press i picked up a cast 4 station turret at cabelas bargain cave for $75.00. Then bought the auto primer to go on it& the powder measure.I made the extender to mount the measure . Already had the dies &scale. It sure is fun to load on .
    About the best place to buy LEE from is KEMPS in MICH. CITY or on line .I am sure other brands are good but i did not have a load of $ to spend.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I am new to reloading and use the Lee Classic Turret. A little more heavy duty than the Deluxe. Very happy with it for handgun calibers. And I will say that my experience with Kempf's was excellent.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    i have a 4-hole turret. indexing is a little hit-or-miss, but for the price (125) i got plenty of press. i only load pistol cartridges on it, though.

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Saw a Lee Classic turret press with the 4 hole for $120 out the door. I am also weighing my options for a slightly better than beginner(hand loading) 9mm loading solution. I like the idea of swapping the turrets between caliber's. Is there anyone who is actually doing this and is it as simple as it seems - said differently - with multiple turrets, can I simple swap my 9mm turret for the 40 and keep right on cranking the ammo?

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    i have a 3 hole and yes you can switch out the turrents and shell holder and start reloading another caliber. had one for around 25 years. if i ever wore it out i would but another

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    So what is the extra hole for and why don't you see value in the 4 hole over the three? Also, for my amateur understanding, everything that needs to be done to the 9mm shell can be don using the 3 or 4 hole turrett correct? Like full case sizing, the widening of the mouth to receive the bullet, primers etc.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    4 hole

I use it to hold the factory crimp die in the 4 th. hole.It can be passed with a partial stroke of the handle for 3 die sets.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I have a Lee Classic 4 holer and separate turrets for every caliber I reload. I would suggest getting the 4 hole turret if you use the factory crimp die. For example, position 1, decapper/full length resizer. Position 2, powder measure. Position 3, bullet seater. Position 4, crimp. Another note, if you use the Lee auto powder measure you must use the Lee dies for the feed through feature to work along with a powder riser to clear the safety primer attachment.

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    I am new to reloading and use the Lee Classic Turret. A little more heavy duty than the Deluxe. Very happy with it for handgun calibers. And I will say that my experience with Kempf's was excellent.

I am new to this site and I have to say it is awesome! Just a quick question about Kempf's... I live in New Castle and make my way up there every other month or so on business. How is their store? Do they stock everything that seems to be on their site? I would rather give them the money than Midway.
    Thanks

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    if you buy this reloading press what else do you need to buy to start reloading? seems like the biggest thing i seen in the reviews was a digital scale

A beginner is better off buying a quality balance scale. Cheaper digital scales can be unreliable and even the really good ones can have issues the novice may not be aware of. The best reason, IMO, to get a digital scale once the new reloader has more experience is to get a dispenser/scale combination.

Top Bottom