LAX shooter... graphic photo, but I've got a question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I won't link the image in this thread, but I'll link to the article that shows it... Be warned that there is a photo of a dead body / blood: WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: First photo of shot TSA killer | New York Post

Now, I'm no crime scene detective. I don't see dead bodies often, but... that blood looks awfully fake to me. I didn't realize blood thickened and became bright red with cottage cheese like consistency after it's expunged from the body... Was hoping someone here who is in the line of work where they may have to see crime scenes like this first hand could chime in and let us know why what I am seeing looks so... strange. I've seen photos of murder scenes, bodies, etc and the blood has never looked like that.

Also, a followup question. If you're a police officer and you're forced to shoot at someone. Is it common practice to handcuff them after they've been shot/killed? This fellow was shot 4 times, including in the face. Was wondering if it's normal to cuff a dead or quickly dying body.

Just saw this article and it struck me as odd. I know we've got some LEO and whatnot on here, so figured I'd ask to see what you guys/gals thought.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    He was chest shot. I'm guessing that he vomited blood? Looks like the carpet soaked up a lot of the liquid and left more of the "solids"

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am not an LEO, nor do I have experience with seeing people after they have been shot. All I can say is that if I were an LEO, I would have no problem handcuffing someone after I shot them, even if I thought they were dead. I would not give anyone the chance to "wake up" and try to continue the fight. As far as the coagulating blood, that may just be an optical illusion based on lighting. The quality of the photo looks poor, so it probably is just a normal pool of blood.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nope. It looks like that and yes, he will be handcuffed because it is mandated until it can be confirmed he is dead and only a medical examiner / medical doctor / coroner can say for certain of life or death. The reason for handcuffing is because they are still considered a threat.

kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    Blood from lungs often is froathy and extremely bright, because it has recently been oxigenated.

Blood from the heart is often dark crimson...its usually on its way back through the lungs to receive oxygen.

2 tours to Iraq as Marine Machine Gunner and 10 years law enforcement....Im guessing deer hunters will confirm my medical blood 2 cents....haha.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Nope. It looks like that and yes, he will be handcuffed because it is mandated until it can be confirmed he is dead and only a medical examiner / medical doctor / coroner can say for certain of life or death. The reason for handcuffing is because they are still considered a threat.
    I've been shot. It looked a lot like that though I wasn't shot in the chest. I was shot in the leg and arm by a nut case who I then shot with a shotgun in my home. It looked like that. It was pretty gruesome in person too. They handcuff the guy even though he was dead too. That's all I know and I am not a LEO.

He shot me (upper leg) as I shot him then he shot me again (arm) in reflex to his being hit I guess. It all happened pretty darn fast.

I had already dialed 911 and so they arrived just after all of this and took me to the hospital pretty fast so I didn't see much of what happened afterwards though I did see them cuff the guy then check him to see if he was alive. He wasn't. I hit him square in the chest with a full load of #4 buck. It [STRIKE]kinda[/STRIKE] gives me nightmares now and then but I am sure I'd do it again.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    That looks like vomit...and blood. If he was shot in the stomach and then vomited a mix of blood and his past meal (potentially spaghetti) it would look a lot like that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've seen this and a whole lot worse. TV has nothing on real life. This looks legit. On a side note, you would never have guessed that deep arterial blood looks like red pudding in read life.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    give the NY Post credit. It is the first article I read that didn't use the word assault rifle or the quote that said he could have killed everyone.

Just remember, it is the Times in Washington and the Post in New Your that are legit; Times in NY and Post in Washington = flaming liberals. Important to keep them straight.

Mark Levin has nick-named the despicable ones in a way that helps me remember: The New York Slimes and the Washington Compost. Think of them in those terms and if may help you remember as well who carries water for the libs and hates guns and the Constitution.

Top Bottom