• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw a guy pull a wheelie on an ultra, then round the corner with the wheel up. Got pulled over by a motorcycle cop who said

"you can't do that"

The reply, "yes I can, you just saw me"

"I know, that was cool, don't do it again."

Never got a ticket.

I have done stupid stuff on the road and got a "don't do it again" so I guess if that cop gets a break then thats ok with me.....

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I have always said, I don't hate cops, I pick on everyone. I do believe that public figures are held to a higher standard. I also believe that you should not hold a double standard when dishing out punishments. That goes for parents as well as cops. I could not punish my children for something that I did as a kid. Just as cops should not write citations for stuff that they do as well.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    This is according to the article......A viewer caught Officer Tracy Cantrell giving drivers along 56th Street a show, standing up with arms outstretched, even switching lanes through traffic.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is according to the article......A viewer caught Officer Tracy Cantrell giving drivers along 56th Street a show, standing up with arms outstretched, even switching lanes through traffic.

Oh ok, I thought for some reason it was in relation to the video.... sorry, Im tired.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    There is a thread where one of our members just got a ticket for pulling his front wheel off the ground. There were all manner of replies about how he deserved a ticket. I guess it's one set of rules for us and a different set for them.

Yep that was me..... just got the paperwork for deferring it so it doesn't go on my record. Gonna Cost me like almost 200 bucks (a decent amount of ammo) to twist my throttle getting on to a state highway, this guy was standing on his seat weaving in and out of traffic and gets slapped on the wrist, which sounds more reckless....? :noway:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yep that was me..... just got the paperwork for deferring it so it doesn't go on my record. Gonna Cost me like almost 200 bucks (a decent amount of ammo) to twist my throttle getting on to a state highway, this guy was standing on his seat weaving in and out of traffic and gets slapped on the wrist, which sounds more reckless....? :noway:

I know or have know quite a few guys that ride crotch rockets, all newer ones with mods....... all of them will tell you (you as in anyone) that you know when the tire is about to come up and how much throttle tends to pull it up....

Not defending the cop.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I guess it's one set of rules for us and a different set for them.

........and there still aren't double standards. :rolleyes:

I guess that only applies to Joe Blow rider and not LEO rider.

Any of us none LEO's know what happens when we break the rules at our places of buisness........

The double standard bull :poop: is getting deeper and deeper
    All of these ^.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I know or have know quite a few guys that ride crotch rockets, all newer ones with mods....... all of them will tell you (you as in anyone) that you know when the tire is about to come up and how much throttle tends to pull it up....

Not defending the cop.

Whats ur point? Ive got a 04 gsxr 1000 with a full exhaust, power commander, ignition module, and velocity stacks. Also ride with guys with faster bikes.... I was fully aware of what I did, just wasn't wreckless Imho....:):

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Whats ur point? Ive got a 04 gsxr 1000 with a full exhaust, power commander, ignition module, and velocity stacks. Also ride with guys with faster bikes.... I was fully aware of what I did, just wasn't wreckless Imho....:):

It does ny matter what you think haha, you don;t have the ticket book haha.

My neighbor has an 08 GSXR with some chrome, lowerd, commander, full exhaust, and I am sure some other stuff, it's a bad little boy for what it is. His brother has a newer Monster eddition ZX-6R. They ride A LOT, the 600 has like 8,000 miles and the GSXR has like 6 or 7,000.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Ur right I dont have anything but a ticket lol.......I bought my gsxr in like 2008 with 5,500 miles and now its got around 19,000 Still runs good..... only had to put a clutch in it because the last guy that owned it ran it at irp a lot and it had a lot of launches on it.....

Thread jack over :)

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Guys, nothing is going to happen. Its already over. The enforcer in the article just brushed it off as "very exuberant in his duties." He received "counseling" and it was noted in his file.

So remember, the next time you get pulled over going to work, just tell the judge you have an extreme "exuberance" for your job, offer to get "counseled" on the tax payers dime, and everything will be hunky-dory. Right?

You would think that during a time of extreme scrutiny, especially involving motorcycles, that one would realize how idiotic this would be. This displays a level of ignorance beyond your normal action. The public, now more than ever, are seeing the double standard and the "protect and server", simply means to protect and serve their own. Disgusting.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Then how is there someone behind him filming him??

Read post 26... and I would not call 1 person behined him traffic really.... traffic implies more then one.

Guys, nothing is going to happen. Its already over. The enforcer in the article just brushed it off as "very exuberant in his duties." He received "counseling" and it was noted in his file.

So remember, the next time you get pulled over going to work, just tell the judge you have an extreme "exuberance" for your job, offer to get "counseled" on the tax payers dime, and everything will be hunky-dory. Right?

You would think that during a time of extreme scrutiny, especially involving motorcycles, that one would realize how idiotic this would be. This displays a level of ignorance beyond your normal action. The public, now more than ever, are seeing the double standard and the "protect and server", simply means to protect and serve their own. Disgusting.

Chances are that what was put in his file will not look good when it comes time for a promotion....... at least I hope so.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Chances are that what was put in his file will not look good when it comes time for a promotion....... at least I hope so.

I propose extending that option to the most of us. In lieu of a ticket officer, I will take a note in my file at work.

Imagine their faces when they find out I don't even have a job!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Then why is one car from the opposite direction called "oncoming traffic", even if there's not another soul around?

Look, from the way the subect was written I thought he was inpling that in the video he was in traffic, most people consider traffic a lot of cars... I saw that he was talking about the artice and I said oh ok sorry.........

SHEESH!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom