• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Great job by the student. Also, give credit where credit is due. The Cops handled the situation well. Could have hauled the student off to jail in response to being outmatched regarding law.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Great job by the student. Also, give credit where credit is due. The Cops handled the situation well. Could have hauled the student off to jail in response to being outmatched regarding law.

kinda like giving credit to ron artest for NOT elbowing a celebrating opponent to the wood....only difference is, the lakers might actually fire him if he does it again

:patriot:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    yea, it still sucks that they have to wait for their supervisor, like the couldnt just ask him over their radio

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Outstanding! +1 for the armed citizen. +1 for the supervisor. -1 for the beat cop.

-Paul

I don't know about the +1 for the supervisor or the -1 for the beat cop. It is ultimately the Officers personal responsibility to know the laws of the jurisdiction in which he serves. However, when the Officer said, "It's common practice", it makes me believe that the majority of the Officers in that area, handle similar calls for service in a similar fashion. That Officer, being a younger and likely newer Officer most likely was trained by senior Officers to handle it that way. It is clearly a training issue within that department.

Long story short, the Supervisor, likely trained the Officer or trained the Officer that trained the Officer.

I am just happy that the armed individual that was unlawfully detained kept his cool and so did all of the Officers. The situation could have ended up much worse. The individual did have his rights violated BUT, he did an OUTSTANDING job explaining the law to those Officers. I can only hope that they went back to their PD, looked up the case law that the armed individual cited, and passed their new found knowledge onto their co-workers. It was a very bad situation that ended very well.

I would say +1 Armed Citizen, -1 Situation, and hopefully a big +1 for the bad situation ending well and the armed citizen preventing this from happening to other innocent people who choose to lawfully exercise their rights.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It would be convenient if those on this board, who are knowledgeable or gifted in this manner, would post a "playlist" applicable for Hoosiers who are stopped in similar situations(whether in a car or on foot).

Top Bottom