• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim2100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Hi

I have just been told that the laws have changed and it is now legal to carry in your car at our place of employment. Is this true?

Jim

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hi

I have just been told that the laws have changed and it is now legal to carry in your car at our place of employment. Is this true?

Jim

It's always been legal but now you can't be fired for it. Yes, it's true, no, it hasn't taken effect yet.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    there are a couple threads on here about that. but yes depending on what your employer is, after i think july 1st it will be ILLEGAL for them to FIRE YOU for having a gun in your car. It has ALWAYS been LEGAL for you to carry a gun in your car or on your person at work, unless you work at a school or federal building, etc.

lookup HB1065 <<<< thats the bill that was signed into law.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    As long as you have a permit, there is no reason that you cannot carry in your car just about everywhere you go in this state. That's why I love living in Indiana. But a big +1 on the "Symbolic Victory". Indiana employers can still fire you for some other reason that they make up if they find that you have your weapon in your vehicle and are disgruntled about it. And good luck proving that they fired your for your weapon.

Bottom line... concealed means concealed, by sight and by mouth. No one needs to know that you're prepared for the zombie outbreak. As long as you know and don't need to tell everyone, you'll be fine.

~LT

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It will be a bit more than symbolic after 7/1 due to the fact that the law puts you in a "protected class" similar to someone who is fired or treated differently due to race, religion, etc. It opens up the employer to a discrimination or wrongful termination suit in the same way.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    My shop is Pro 2A. I carry, I have an employee waiting for his LTCH, 2 former employees that carried. One was retired EPD. Leave it in the car if you want, or bring it in. Not to bother me.

Top Bottom