• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I knew that there had to be one member of that family with a brain. Unlike George and his supporters she recognises the inevitability of certain things. Some things will come, despite opposition from entrenched mentalities that refuse to surrender to the concept of individual rights. It's also nice that she can disagree with her husband, (and he with her) and still manage to keep a marriage going. Maybe there's some hope for Dubya after all.

via Classically Liberal

YouTube - Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!

Well written commentary available at Classically Liberal.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Heh, that blogger lays it all out there for you. I don't know about his theory in just needing a changing of the gaurd, or as he put it, old white guys to die, in order to usher in a change. That line of thinking was also what anti-drug war people have been saying for quite a while. But, we are still saddled with the monstrosity that is the War on some Drugs.

His take on young people and how they view the church is pretty spot on though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I knew that there had to be one member of that family with a brain. Unlike George and his supporters she recognises the inevitability of certain things. Some things will come, despite opposition from entrenched mentalities that refuse to surrender to the concept of individual rights. It's also nice that she can disagree with her husband, (and he with her) and still manage to keep a marriage going. Maybe there's some hope for Dubya after all.

via Classically Liberal

YouTube - Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!

Well written commentary available at Classically Liberal.

Well, it ain't her if she supports [strike]rights[/strike] special privileges for a group of people based solely on where they like to stick their, um, gun.

You haven't the foggiest idea about individual rights if you don't understand that true individual rights means the individual can discriminate against whomever for whatever reason he desires.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Too bad you don't support or understand the concept of equality before the law. That's what this country was founded on. This is about government discrimination, not individual discrimination. Surely you know the difference?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So the purpose of this post is...... what again?

She is pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage. Is there a topic here? Are we really interested in a former presidents wifes opinion on anything? :)

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Gay-marriage? I'm against it from a moral and somewhat economic standpoint, but it doesn't upset me as much as it used to. Abortion, on the other hand, is the willful taking of a human life. The scientific data is there. I agree with those who advocate "personal choice". Let me explain. Personal choice should apply to you and you alone. When you are discussing a child with seperate DNA and such, that child ceases to be "part of a personal choice". That's my opinion. Life is sacred. Why we allow such widespread murder of children in this country is beyond me. As you bring up equality before the law let me make this point: Why do we allow for TWO seperate and distinct murder charges to be brought against a person who kills a pregnant woman? Seems to me the only difference is that the woman willingly kills her child in an abortion, while she unwillingly has her child killed when she is murdered.

**This is a subject that invokes great emotion in me. Please do not take ANY of my comments as a personal attack**

Arieas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Indianapois
    You raise an interesting point PatriotPride. I've never thought about that issue concerning murder charges, do they always charge that way or is it only after the baby is past a certain trimester. If it matters I am pro-choice and Pro-gay, and although i may not agree with your opinion I'll defend your right to speak it.

by they way love your avatar PatriotPride

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Too bad you don't support or understand the concept of equality before the law. That's what this country was founded on. This is about government discrimination, not individual discrimination. Surely you know the difference?

I know the difference. And I also know the difference between pro-gay rights (there are no such thing) and not discriminating in a legal civil, non-religious agreement based on the sex of the people involved.

Gay rights don't exist. Civil rights do. It would seem that perhaps you don't know the difference.

(We can sling veiled insults all day if that's what you want. But I think it's far more productive to say what you mean and mean what you say, don't you? )

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You raise an interesting point PatriotPride. I've never thought about that issue concerning murder charges, do they always charge that way or is it only after the baby is past a certain trimester. If it matters I am pro-choice and Pro-gay, and although i may not agree with your opinion I'll defend your right to speak it.

Thank you :D I don't know of any defining factor as to when they actually consider a child a child. I don't know of any legal precedent here. Does anyone else have any info on the precedent here? And thanks for the Avatar comment :D I thought it was pretty funny when I first saw it.

Please let's keep this civil. We're all on the same side here, we just have differing opinions on some issues. :patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

IN had a 7month gestational requirement until that bank teller was shot in a robbery and lost her twins who were at 5 months gestation. It has since been lowered (at least I think they passed the legislation) but I can't remember to what.

Top Bottom