• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I'm sure most of you guys aren't fans of The Young Turks, but hey he's calling out Obama so maybe you'll forgive him for being a liberal this time.

[video=youtube_share;t4tk1yVEVQ8]http://youtu.be/t4tk1yVEVQ8[/video]

I'll say one thing, bin Laden must be one happy mfer smiling ear to ear in his grave after turning what Reagan called Freedom's last stand on earth, into a gestapo police/surveillance state.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I have no issue with the latest NSA 'revelation'. Have a huge issue with Snowden, who should've been silenced once the U.S. knew where he was.

But, Obama's a panty-waist (at best).

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I have no issue with the latest NSA 'revelation'.

By all means, please elaborate. Are you an American? Do you value your rights? Do the sacrifices of hundreds of thousands of servicemen/women in name of preservation of the Constitution over the past 200+ years mean nothing to you?

Or do you just believe some people simply don't deserve rights based on certain demographics?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    By all means, please elaborate. Are you an American? Do you value your rights? Do the sacrifices of hundreds of thousands of servicemen/women in name of preservation of the Constitution over the past 200+ years mean nothing to you?

Or do you just believe some people simply don't deserve rights based on certain demographics?

Welcome to ingo. You must be new.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have no issue with the latest NSA 'revelation'. Have a huge issue with Snowden, who should've been silenced once the U.S. knew where he was.

"Those who would sacrifice a little liberty for a little security lose both and deserve neither."

-Franklin

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Lots of folks here argue that Snowden is a traitor. Personally I don't subscribe to that point of view.

I don't know what it will take to stop this widespread surveillance, but it doesn't seem that many people actually care. If this doesn't outrage the public, what will?

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Lots of folks here argue that Snowden is a traitor. Personally I don't subscribe to that point of view.

I don't know what it will take to stop this widespread surveillance, but it doesn't seem that many people actually care. If this doesn't outrage the public, what will?

Too many people are drinking the Kool Aid. This guy put his butt on the line to alert the people about what their government is doing illegally and some how people think he's a traitor. Whatever damage he supposedly has done is nothing compared to what's been going on behind the scenes.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

Maybe he should've taken all his information to the media? He would have been perfectly safe right? Or better yet, just ignore the criminal activities and be a good sheep?

You "Kill Snowden" guys wear me out.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Maybe he should've taken all his information to the media? He would have been perfectly safe right? Or better yet, just ignore the criminal activities and be a good sheep?

You "Kill Snowden" guys wear me out.

Can't tell if sarcasm but just in case not and you didn't know, every single one of Snowden's files he took he gave to the media. But not the mainstream media he knew were compromised by the government, but by actual journalists Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras who had shown him courage in taking on the government in their careers already.

He did also require Greenwald and Poitras to submit to basically an honor code contract where they would promise to give the government ample warning before releasing any documents that might put American lives in immediate danger if they did release them. Thus far, to my understanding, every revelation done by them was done with this grace period for the government to provide comment. This latest story, was supposed to be released a while ago.. I am guessing they gave the government every name of these Muslim Americans and required them to provide proof that they were in fact dangerous terrorists who would go underground once the story was leaked. When that didn't happen, they released.

They also research the story before releasing it. They find corresponding documents in the file to validate each other, and investigate other sources as they would any other story to get the most complete and accurate story possible.

I've been reading Glenn Greenwald's newest book No Place to Hide where he describes the entire process of Edward Snowden contacting him and the patience, poise, and protection Snowden used through every step of the way. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone having a negative opinion of Edward Snowden.

He is, in my mind, a model patriot we should demand those in our government strive to be like and a prodigy and genius that should not be persecuted but protected.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Can't tell if sarcasm but just in case not and you didn't know, every single one of Snowden's files he took he gave to the media. But not the mainstream media he knew were compromised by the government, but by actual journalists Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras who had shown him courage in taking on the government in their careers already.

He did also require Greenwald and Poitras to submit to basically an honor code contract where they would promise to give the government ample warning before releasing any documents that might put American lives in immediate danger if they did release them. Thus far, to my understanding, every revelation done by them was done with this grace period for the government to provide comment. This latest story, was supposed to be released a while ago.. I am guessing they gave the government every name of these Muslim Americans and required them to provide proof that they were in fact dangerous terrorists who would go underground once the story was leaked. When that didn't happen, they released.

They also research the story before releasing it. They find corresponding documents in the file to validate each other, and investigate other sources as they would any other story to get the most complete and accurate story possible.

I've been reading Glenn Greenwald's newest book No Place to Hide where he describes the entire process of Edward Snowden contacting him and the patience, poise, and protection Snowden used through every step of the way. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone having a negative opinion of Edward Snowden.

He is, in my mind, a model patriot we should demand those in our government strive to be like and a prodigy and genius that should not be persecuted but protected.

I was aware he released some content to American media but not the full extent you describe. And as far as im concerned, all media is compromised by somebody, especially the Govt. I was merely getting at that if he'd been foolish enough to stay here he would have surely hung himself in his jail cell. :rolleyes:

But the "Kill Snowden" guys are on every forum preaching how he should be executed while theyre the loudest opponents on govt abuse.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Snowden is a hero. He spoke up for the citizens knowing full well what the liberal gov't would do to him. we need more people who will speak up against a tyrannical gov't. Thanks to him we know what our gov't has been doing, and how they are doing it. everyone should be outraged by what we know thanks to him.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We live in a country where more people talk about Miley Cyrus than Edward Snowden. It shouldnt be so surprising that people dont care. If we lost cable for a month, think of all that we could do. This country has become so distracted, so lazy, so apathetic.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    We live in a country where more people talk about Miley Cyrus than Edward Snowden. It shouldnt be so surprising that people dont care. If we lost cable for a month, think of all that we could do. This country has become so distracted, so lazy, so apathetic.

Have you ever seen Snowden twerk? Not pretty.

Top Bottom