• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    There have been too many anti-cop and dog shooting threads lately for me to "lighten up".

Give it a couple months without a cop-bashing thread or a dog-shootin' thread, and I'll find it funny.

In other words, it's just too soon. Sorry, just the way it is.

The ubiquity of those threads is why I posted this, Josh. :)

IndySSD, you are apparently too dense to see the outside indicators. :)

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    There have been too many anti-cop and dog shooting threads lately for me to "lighten up".

Give it a couple months without a cop-bashing thread or a dog-shootin' thread, and I'll find it funny.

In other words, it's just too soon. Sorry, just the way it is.
    That would be like if you fell on your butt walking on ice and I waited till July to laugh about it...

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I tend to agree with Josh Smith, that this post was in bad taste if it was meant to be a joke, BUT what surprises me more and I've seen it in other post, is the way people go after each other on here.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do we seriously need purple here?! Honestly, I think it was normalized by people who have poor reading skills and don't want to look like idiots when they post a response.

Purple text pulls all the funny right out of it, you know right off the bat it's tongue-in-cheek. Why not read a few lines and decide for yourself? If you think it's legit, then post away. If you can feel the sarcastic tone, play along. Make a mediocre thread EPIC with your own sarcastic rejoinder. /rant

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I thought it was funny as soon as I read it. At first I assumed it was a joke, then I thought it was actually more funny if it wasn't a joke.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    A few nights ago, I was putting some stuff in my car parked in front of the house and my dog was out with me when an IMPD cop showed up in front of my house. A chill ran down my spine. I tried to call him to me, but I was too terrified to make a sound. When the officer stepped out and put his hands on his belt, I managed to muster enough strength to give my dog the command for down as he was running toward certain death. Then I called him to me and informed the officer that I was putting the dog away. He said, "That's OK. He seems pretty obedient." Hah! No, sir. I was not going to fall for that one.

After locking him in the crate and going back out, the officer gave me some BS story about someone calling from a cell phone about a civil dispute between myself and a contractor. Likely story. It was 2300 hrs and there was no contractor at my house. He just saw my dog in the front yard and thought he had an easy target. He showed me the call in his laptop, but it was probably something his dog-killing friends had sent him. There more details to the call and after ruling them out as strange and impossible, we both suspected it was a prank call.

When he left, I could see the disappointment in his eyes. He even stayed in his car for a few minutes hoping I would let my guard down and allow my dog out, but I did not even allow him behind the front door, lest some Horiuchi disciple gets him. After the cop finally left, I embraced my dog dearly and gave him a big steak. He never knows how close he came to his demise

Please send this to as many people as possible. Cops are out there and they WILL shoot your dog if given the chance. Please be vigilant.

Ok, so you didn't fall for the dog trick. Next time I come back I'll try to hand you a hose nozzle.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Epic_Fail.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, so you didn't fall for the dog trick. Next time I come back I'll try to hand you a hose nozzle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Even though I still can't believe that this was actually posted, it does not change the fact that this was the only worthwhile post in the entire thread :rockwoot:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    It was available, but for an extra $278.00. :eek:
    Who has money like that to burn. :dunno:

I have that kind of scratch laying around - but I'm saving up for a dog whistle, a box of CCI shotshells (.40 S&W of course,) a bunch of throwdown hose nozzles, and a tactical wheelbarrow to carry it all.

Top Bottom