• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    I was listening to the radio and heard that the death rate of the Afghan army already tops that of NATO personnel since 2001. On the forums i hear guys saying

the Afghan troops are stubborn, sloppy, and lack good communication skills needed to sustain their country. Then on the other hand, mostly from other media sources, tv, radio, I hear them saying the army is solid all around and have a good chance.

Imo, the us, eu, etc will leave Afghanistan the area will slowly be takin back over, the Afghan army will fall apart, the opposition will have gathered a few new members and firearms provided by the American government and British, these new recruits will take what they have been taught and eventually the weapons and tactics will be used on our own troops that were left to help.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    So much blood and treasure sacrificed in an effort to combat evil, only to leave it in the hands of a JV military that would rather die on their knees facing a mass grave than die fighting to preserve their own country.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was listening to the radio and heard that the death rate of the Afghan army already tops that of NATO personnel since 2001. On the forums i hear guys saying

the Afghan troops are stubborn, sloppy, and lack good communication skills needed to sustain their country. Then on the other hand, mostly from other media sources, tv, radio, I hear them saying the army is solid all around and have a good chance.

Imo, the us, eu, etc will leave Afghanistan the area will slowly be takin back over, the Afghan army will fall apart, the opposition will have gathered a few new members and firearms provided by the American government and British, these new recruits will take what they have been taught and eventually the weapons and tactics will be used on our own troops that were left to help.

Been there.

That's a fair assessment.

There are some ANA that are worth their salt, but they are few and far between.
    I'm holding to my three year prediction.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So much blood and treasure sacrificed in an effort to combat evil, only to leave it in the hands of a JV military that would rather die on their knees facing a mass grave than die fighting to preserve their own country.

This is probably the saddest part of the whole waste of involvement, as soon as the men we trained to protect their country faced a threat, they threw down their weapons, threw up their hands, and marched to their graves. Makes me sick beyond belief.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If they are not willing to fight for their freedom with all the training and support we have been giving them, then they deserve what they get.

Well, you're bumping up against thousands of years of culture. It doesn't change in 10 years...20 years...maybe even 50 years. In the traditional sense - traditional warfare - there's always an occupation after a major war with a win. Always. The reasons are always the same - protect the interest and the win and ensure stability. If you pull out, you waste everything. It's always that way. Don't have the stomach for decades of occupation? Then, don't go to war. At least, not in the traditional sense as we have with Iraq and Afghanistan.

In matters of winning wars, foreign policy, national security, energy policy, et. al. - those things can not and must not be at the whim of the American public (synonymous with the national media opinion). One must do the right thing even if it's unpopular. Why? That's why it's call the right thing, not the popular thing.

Like it or not, we went to war in Iraq. That means you support with occupation for a very long time. Walk out and it's wasted. Go back - make a commitment or you'll repeat.

Like it or not, we went to war in Afghanistan. That means you support with occupation for a very long time. Walk out and it's wasted. Go back - make a commitment or you'll repeat.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Just received pics from an element of a certain BCT raising their battle flag as they prepare to settle in for their 3rd (or is it 4th?) rotation to the 'stan. They don't advise much. They are responsible for a lot of widowed goats in recent years. Godspeed to them. And the widowed goats.

Top Bottom