• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jezebel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm probably going to be getting a Walther P22 some time in the near future and I noticed that it is only about $50 more to get the laser that goes with it. Does anyone have any thoughs? Remember, the gun is not in question, just the laser.

:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The laser for the P22 sucks. It's so dim that you can't see it unless you're shooting indoors. You may be able to get something besides the Walther laser, but don't waste your money on the Walther one. Use the money to buy an extra 2000 rounds of .22LR instead.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    really I have the walther laser on my 22 and it works GREAT...... I have put about 500 rounds with it on????

This is mine...

l_5bbc28230eb540a9156bd8a37d41fdd7.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    really I have the walther laser on my 22 and it works GREAT...... I have put about 500 rounds with it on????

This is mine...

You have better luck than I, then, my friend. The laser on mine is kinda fun, but not worth the money, IMHO.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    The one I got for my wife has a lazer on it. Worked fine at the indoor range. Not really concerned about the outdoor range. Works great in the house at night which is the purpose anyway.

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have a Walther laser on my P-22, works great indoors and outside just as the sun is setting, or after sunset. My kids like shooting the P-22 w/ the laser attached, which I see as a bait and switch technique. They, and I as well, focus on our aiming, hand control, and general shooting techniques when they shoot w/ both eyes open and focus on matching the laser up w/ the front and rear sight( Plus its a freakin laser, thats cool). Its almost like they are trying to shoot a straighter line, or shoot better than the laser if that makes sense. So jezebel if you have kids, its a good way to get them hooked on shooting and gun handeling techniques. For me I knew what to expect in the laser, and I got it just for night hunting w/ a red light. Its worth the $50. Its not a LaserMaxx, but its the next coolest thing. Go for it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just got back from the range a few minutes ago and I can confirm that I couldn't see the laser at all. Just barely on my hand only a few inches away. At an indoor range, I can see it fine up to about 15 yards.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    My buddy has a green laser on his P22. You can see that thing far away, several hundred yards. And it is bright. The red is ok to about 100 yards. Might want to check and make sure your batteries are good, they may be new and still weak.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My buddy has a green laser on his P22. You can see that thing far away, several hundred yards. And it is bright. The red is ok to about 100 yards. Might want to check and make sure your batteries are good, they may be new and still weak.

The green lasers are teh awesome, but expensive. My red one sucks even with new batteries.

Top Bottom