Lake county, IN prohibiting discharge of firearms....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Um, if Lake County went to IL and Chicago, guess what guys! Instead of one IN county bordering on Chicago, you'd have THREE!!!

I see the braincells are active today!

Think of what would happen if you shift all of those liberal voters (dead and alive) into the Illynoise system, and out of Indiana. We might actually have a conservative legislature in the state.

And I have relatives up in Lake County... although they go to Chicago often, I wouldn't wish ill politics on them.

How about if we just sell Gary to Illinoise, and we keep the rest of lake county?

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Yes, sell Gary in a package deal- more like the contents of the package and not the package itself. Take everything and put it on boats at the lake and sail them right over!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    But this doesn't do anything with "ownership, possession, sale, transfer, or transportation of firearms" so it may not...

IC 35-41-3-1
    Legal authority
    Sec. 1. A person is justified in engaging in conduct otherwise prohibited if he has legal authority to do so.

Note that IC 35-41-3-2 is the section that describes Castle Doctrine as well, so this further invalidates the Lake County provision. I would also be interested in whether or not the Lake County "law" exempts police officers, for if it does not specifically do so, it would be a simple matter to show bias and therefore invalidate it.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Does this include 1000 ft. from your own house? I live on a acre and a half and shoot skeet alot. The only house I shoot close to is my own. I don't have neighbors and am surrounded by cornfields.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Quite possible this came about because of the Town of winfield . Last year they raised a stink about people hunting close to their school .The fish&game backed the hunters ,Wheatfield may have had enough pull to get this passed .As a footnote I did not see anything in any paper about this be for the county board.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Screw winfield. Wannabes!

I had a friend in "Dyer" on State Line growing up. It was a smaller farm. We'd tear the heck out of the dirt that was on the sides of the drive leading down to the basement garage. Lots of development there too now.

Shame...

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I am not certain why this came about. But, politically, Lake County sucks. Living here, there is a mentality that we have less in common with the rest of the state and more in common with Chicago. This mentality and our proximity to Chicago has contributed to the political problems in this area.

For example, Gary, sucks politically and every other conceivable way. Yesterday, I am reading an article about how Gary doesn't want to have it's health department enveloped by the county. Gary and East Chicago are the only two municipalities in the state that have their own health department. They bitch and moan about services, yet it has been mismanaged since its creation. This is a small example of how the city has screwed itself over the years, and yet, the want to keep doing it.

Gary is beyond help. That's why Scott King quit. It can't be saved.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am not certain why this came about. But, politically, Lake County sucks. Living here, there is a mentality that we have less in common with the rest of the state and more in common with Chicago. This mentality and our proximity to Chicago has contributed to the political problems in this area.

For example, Gary, sucks politically and every other conceivable way. Yesterday, I am reading an article about how Gary doesn't want to have it's health department enveloped by the county. Gary and East Chicago are the only two municipalities in the state that have their own health department. They bitch and moan about services, yet it has been mismanaged since its creation. This is a small example of how the city has screwed itself over the years, and yet, the want to keep doing it.

Gary is beyond help. That's why Scott King quit. It can't be saved.

The reason that Gary ad East Chicago still have these services is to give poltician 'helpers' of the dem machines comfy jobs. But don't blame the politicians in the area. You must give them credit and admire them. Why? Becuase they continue to mess up the area, suck the $$$ from the population to keep their jobs **AND** continue year after year to get re-elected.

So don't blame the politicans in Lake County. Blame all those sheep.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    The reason that Gary ad East Chicago still have these services is to give poltician 'helpers' of the dem machines comfy jobs. But don't blame the politicians in the area. You must give them credit and admire them. Why? Becuase they continue to mess up the area, suck the $$$ from the population to keep their jobs **AND** continue year after year to get re-elected.

So don't blame the politicans in Lake County. Blame all those sheep.

I don't disagree with you at all. Despite all the crap and corruption associated with Lake County Politicos, they keep getting re-elected. The people in those cities are sheep and easily sold. The sheep have brought this on themselves.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    How about we just deport anyone in Lake County that wants free Government handouts...

I can live with that. Deport them to Cook County? Let's start small though. Mandatory drug tests for Welfare recipients. Anyone who fails, will get deported. That would make a good starting point.

Top Bottom