• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I liked the pull on boots because we go in and out of customers houses carrying railing panels that can weigh a couple hundred pounds. It is sometimes tough to set them down and unlace boots. After going through 3 or 4 pairs of wellington style boots I deducted that there are two major downfalls.
    1. They just don't offer the support in the ankles that a traditional lace up boot does.
    2. The inside heel cup tends to wear out and expose the plastic underneath the fabric rather quickly. This causes discomfort and also wears holes in socks really fast when it happens.

I have since switched to the 5.11 atacs side zip boot and gotten the best of both worlds it seems. They seem to be holding up quite well and I should get a year plus out of $99 boots.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I really LOVE my $25 tan mil-surp lace ups. Goin on 3 years now, still look good, feel great, and slight wear on the back 1/2 inch of heel.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Mine are Bates lace-up boots with the side zip. I don't have time at 0230 to jump out of bed and lace up my boots, so I unzip them when I get into bed and zip them when I get up out of bed. I tied them when I first got them and unless they come loose, I have not had to retie them.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Lace-ups for work & hiking boots. My ankles need the support. I have been thinking about picking up a pair of cowboy boots for casual wear though.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Laced up Carolina boots at work. Slip on justin square toes the rest of the time. Square toes are awesome if you have wide feet. I typically have to get wide widths, but with square toes i wear a standard width. My preference is to be a barefooted Kentuckian as my grandmother called me.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have both and it honestly depends on what I am doing. I would say that I wear pull on 95% of the time, but every now and then I'll grab the lace ups if I know I'll be doing a lot of walking or something while working that day. However, I have thrown hay and about anything else you can imagine in pull ons. For "everyday work" I just prefer their comfort a lot more. My boots are HH and Redwing btw along with a few others. Just thought I'd throw that in if it matters to you.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I like the convenience pull-ons, but lace-ups just work out better, better support and they adjust to my big legs better. Getting them with side zips is a good compromise.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've had redwings for years. My work boots are redwings lace up types. Love them. But I'm in need for another pair that are waterproof and insulated.
    I've been looking at the pull on type, but have never tried them before. I've always had laces.

Top Bottom