Labor Unions Finally Read Obamacare Fine Print, Realize Costs Set To Spike, "Tur

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It is a well-known fact that nobody in Congress ever reads, or even skims, any law, and especially not the fine print, it passes until long after it has been enacted into law. It appears the same is just as true for the biggest pillar of support for the Obama administration: America's labor unions, whose liberal vote every election is instrumental to preserving the outflow side of America's welfare state. As it turns out, it was the same labor unions who enthusiastically supported the primary accomplishment of the Obama administration in the past 4 years, Obamacare, only to realize, long after it has become reality that, surprise, their healthcare plan costs are about to go up. And, as the WSJ colorfully summarizes, they are now "turning sour."

Labor Unions Finally Read Obamacare Fine Print, Realize Costs Set To Spike, "Turn Sour" On Obama | Zero Hedge

Can you say useful idiots. LOL

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sigh......union members ALL need to read the fine print that their unions are trying to slide past them. The WORST 4 years of my life were the one's working in a non right to work state.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've been a union rep for 25 yrs, I have argued till I'm blue in the face that we as a union have to get out of politics. We have given our money and votes blindly to a party that have done nothing for us for at least the past 30 yrs. whether it was Clinton with nafta or this president turning down 250,000 union jobs so his buddy Warren Buffet can make a billion dollars for his railroad. The dems have done with unions the same thing they have done with blacks, promise them the pie in the sky, then not follow thru after the election. I still ask my fellow steelworkers what have Obama done for us other then steal our money? After 4 yrs. I'm still waiting for a answer.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    I've been a union rep for 25 yrs, I have argued till I'm blue in the face that we as a union have to get out of politics. We have given our money and votes blindly to a party that have done nothing for us for at least the past 30 yrs. whether it was Clinton with nafta or this president turning down 250,000 union jobs so his buddy Warren Buffet can make a billion dollars for his railroad. The dems have done with unions the same thing they have done with blacks, promise them the pie in the sky, then not follow thru after the election. I still ask my fellow steelworkers what have Obama done for us other then steal our money? After 4 yrs. I'm still waiting for a answer.

Unfortunately Skulldaddy, you are a reasonable-minded person awash in a sea of brain-dead zombies. I made a point in another post that Unions are nothing more than a slush fund for politicians (not pointing in one direction or another) and need to be disbanded.

Now, before anyone goes all apoplectic on me, I mean that the Unions should be disbanded / gutted / terminated....insert action here. THEN they need to be reorganized so that they stay true to their "roots". Providing those roots are to stay the hell out of politics and just work for their members.

Sadly, I do not see that happening any time soon. There's waaaay too much money and power in it at this point.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been a Union member for fifteen years, and I've yet to vote yes on any contract. If they don't want me to read it, then I sure won't vote yes.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I'm a general charman in my union and was very outspoken during the last election against the Dems. It may cost me re-election but I dont care. I have to do what I think is best for my country. I'm tired of the union sheep blabbing "vote your pocketbook!" Something's are just more important than money.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I'm a general charman in my union and was very outspoken during the last election against the Dems. It may cost me re-election but I dont care. I have to do what I think is best for my country. I'm tired of the union sheep blabbing "vote your pocketbook!" Something's are just more important than money.

Seems they voted to have less in their pocketbook the last two elections.
    Obamacare and a slow down in the economy have cost them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is the sad deal for workers. The National level politics are seen as sacred even if they actually against the rank and file.

I saw the good side, like the training programs for skilled tradesmen. Those programs are not some bogus "make work" or "pretend" training, like so many of the things endorsed by the government. The Skilled trade programs actually allow an apprentice to develop a skill set with an emphasis on quality craftsmanship. At least they did 30 years ago.

I also saw the bad side, like when the union chose to get a political activists job back. In that case the man was dead wrong by anyone's standard. To get the company to reinstate the slug, they sacrificed a whole stack of legitimate greivences, like mine where a payroll error didn't pay me for $700 of work.

I feel sorry for the union members that are hard working people of moral and ethical convictions, that have to put up with so much immoral and unethical crap as part of their work experience.

Like the man above said, the Unions need to go back to thinking about the rank and file, because the current focus is screwing over the membership.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    I've been a union rep for 25 yrs, I have argued till I'm blue in the face that we as a union have to get out of politics. We have given our money and votes blindly to a party that have done nothing for us for at least the past 30 yrs. whether it was Clinton with nafta or this president turning down 250,000 union jobs so his buddy Warren Buffet can make a billion dollars for his railroad.

Take out Obama, insert Bill Clinton, been there done that. Our union meetings were very "lively" back in the day.

Despite showing our brothers how we've been sold out by our labor leadership & Clinton, many still blindly voted for them all the way into the unemployment line.:):

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The UAW is responsible for the health care costs of the union employees under the VEBA agreement. Bet they don't like this now.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    The UAW is responsible for the health care costs of the union employees under the VEBA agreement. Bet they don't like this now.
    I look for most unions to drop health coverage altogether in order to hasten the collapse and further line the pockets of the contractors. My company charges $150.00 for my skills and makes quite a tidy profit at it. My skills are tangible and everyone is pleased to have me on the job. My plan is to make as much money as possible and pay off my house because all of this is coming apart. RTW is a distraction, gay marriage, abortion and so on. We are arguing about dollars while trillions are being stolen by our leaders. Make sure you watch millionaires play with a ball tomorrow.

Top Bottom