• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've been generally underwhelmed by the Kokomo show. Takes me all of five minutes to browse through the limited tables there. Any hope this one will be any better?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Probably not, Scutter. That being said, Kokomo is only 30 minutes away from me and admission is only $5, so I will probably go (on Sunday). I am still looking for a wrench to tighten up the castle nut on CAR stocks, Never made it to the last Indy 1500 to look.
    As a side note, I walked around the last Indy 1500 all day with a Taurus PT145 for sale, and no takers. At the last Kokomo gun show, I sold it within 15 minutes of walking through the door.

Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    Kokomo Shows

Donnelly , the last one i was at , it was packed . didn't take anything to sell , but bought a nice Colt 70 in 9mm . Am going to take a Glock 22 and Colt .45 80 Engraved W/Stags .

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Kokomo show is always hit and miss. There was one show that I walked out with two rifles and a pistol. Then another where I just bought some chocolate.

That said, I plan on being there on Sunday assuming it isn't snowing.

WinChoke, the Center is right off US31 on the north side of the city.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    US 31 and North street is the closet to the civic center. Next to Taco Bell and McDonalds. ZX guns is always there and they bring a nice selection.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Hopefully they (ZX) have restocked since the 1500. I went into the shop last week and there was little left inthe cupboards.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    It's not too bad of a show. Similar to Tipton Co show if anyone has ever made it to that one. About 1/4 to 1/5 the size of the Indy 1500 but usually some deals to be found.
    Like has been said in the past, a bad day at a gun show is still better than a good day at work...

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    The Kokomo show is pretty small, but unlike the last small show I went to (Tipton) I think the Kokomo show has more guns and ammo, as well as gear (mags, milsurp, etc.) It's a nice way to blow a few hours if the drive isn't to long for you. I once found a beautiful (in condition and price) 1930's Dutch Police Browning m1922 there. My father in law, who can always find a deal, got a great Colt Ace with an extra mag at the last show; I picked up a 24/7 from XYZ Guns, a bunch of ammo, and some 5.56 bandolier repacks. There's also a guy there who sells chocolates and stuff that is flat out fantastic. :D

KokomoDave will also probably be there selling holsters, knives, and other gear.

The last Kokomo show was a madhouse on the first day, but it did thin out after a few hours.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I was there on Saturday at the last show, and you are right, it was a madhouse! The busiest I had ever seen it. Obama fear had hit the small cities too...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am not setting up as this is my custody weekend and the show bores my kids to tears.I am thinking about going tomorrow to sell a few shooters,have a couple laughs and enjoy the comraderie.If the stars are aligned right,I will find a G19 for a good price for my son.If not,it's still a hoot!

Top Bottom