• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just left after having to drop off a gun to a dealer that I fixed. Oof! Packed. I couldn't hardly move in there. I had to leave. Not my cup of tea. Or Mountain Dew either!

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I went and had fun. It was busy, but beats being outside shoveling snow. Got to see Brad and not buy anything cause I can't make up my mind. Bought a few accessories and a MRE to try out. I wouldn't expect to find any reasonable prices on AR's or related stuff though.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Prices were pretty nuts. Best deal there was probably a RR upper receiver flat top loaded for $140. I sold some AR GI mags, some 92FS surplus mags, 3 orlite mags, 1 Beretta Cougar mag I bought by accident several years ago and a DPMS lower complete. I bought a cup of coffee and had to throw it out. Extra nasty. Also sneaked a pic of the pre-war Walther marked KKW .22 trainer. Will post it in rifle section later.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    WOW! Been going to the Kokomo show several times and this place was a zoo today! I could not believe the lines to get in at about 10am. Prices were getting a little silly. Don't even mention AR's and their prices - Can you say $2k for a Bushmaster? Also generally S&W used revolver prices are really getting ridiculous. Why would I spend $1k for an older 6" Model 29 when you can wait a while and get a brand new Model 29 Classic for less? Used Model 629 for $900? Crazy! Ammo prices for .223 at $20 a box of 20? If we all voted the idiots out of Washington, we would not be suffering this fiasco. Any gun owners who voted for Obama should be required to give up their guns. You reap what you sow.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    ARs at the show

Maybe I should strap my AR on my back, put a $1600 price on it and walk through the show.:)
    Saw a lot of people doing just that. Don't know how successful they were. If you wouldn't miss it, give it a go. Did see a guy trying to sell a Garand asking $500. Nice looking rifle, but watched it swallow a .30 cal bullet down the muzzle.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Saw a lot of people doing just that. Don't know how successful they were. If you wouldn't miss it, give it a go. Did see a guy trying to sell a Garand asking $500. Nice looking rifle, but watched it swallow a .30 cal bullet down the muzzle.

Well, I think I am going to skip it and work on putting my garage back together(making a work/reloading bench). If those of you who go, don't find the AR you want at a reasonable price, check mine in the classifieds.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The grandkids' dad just called me. He's been thinking about getting an AR or an AK and he was pretty shocked by the prices. Pretty much what everyone else has already said about the AR prices - $2K and up. He said he thought about a Mak 90 for $900. I know those are one of the better AK variants, but $900 is still a little on the high side isn't it? Seems like they were closer to $700 before all this madness if I remember correctly.

*Edit* He got that Mak 90 after all, and for $850, with 2 mags and a mag holder/clamp thingy (I think that's the technical term :):), and a double rifle case. I guess all in all, that's not too bad, especially now. It IS a nice rifle. :yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom