• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Oh, well, what a relief! Guys, we can safely ignore probable cause and search warrants and other "laws," they're only doing this in bad neighborhoods. :) :) :)

As long as they're only getting the people engaging in sex for money and those stoners eating cheeto's whilst watching family guy.

That show is not morally acceptable and cheetos are bad for you.

COME ON IN OFFICERS, you aren't gonna look in my sock drawer are you? :n00b: :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ahhh hey guys, they aren't using this practice at your grandmas house. They are using this tactic in high crime areas at known problem houses with drug and prostitution activity.

Unless your grandmother is African-American or Hispanic.

The only way to stop this nonsense is to tell the Dallas PD to target the houses of the Texas Supreme Court--do all the things that the cops do to us--search their trash, spy on their cell phones, put a GPS on their vehicles, pull them over for "weaving", have the cops point guns at them without reason, spit on them, inter alia. All this nonsense will stop overnight.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That video was full of fail.

This time Dallas police will get it right?:rolleyes:

"Well, we screwed up before, but this time you can trust us." Geez, what are we, a bunch of 5 year olds?:D

Did you see Officer Lumpy waving the shotgun around? Pointed the darn thing right at Officer Sweetbritches. Ah, what highly-trained professionals!:D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Ahhh hey guys, they aren't using this practice at your grandmas house. They are using this tactic in high crime areas at known problem houses with drug and prostitution activity.

Well, then it's a good thing there has never been dirty cops or good cops making terrible mistakes.

Kathryn Johnston shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and let's not forget some wise words, in an old, dusty, forgotten document.

Amendment IV
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I don't like traitors who stomp on my Bill of Rights. They aren't welcome in my home. They can go to hell and snoop around there.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How much of this is simply picking the low hanging fruit in an effort to pad numbers or give the appearance of "doing something"?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    To say this is troubling is an understatement. I bet that there might a small bit of intimidation involved to get permission to search. I have no problem at all with LEO's walking door-to-door talking with residents about concerns, crime prevention tips, etc., but this should be illegal.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I will be more than happy to explain to the nice officer how they can get the hell off my property and not come back until they have RAS, PC or a Warrant. Oh and I will be fully armed at the time...

INGunGuy

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    To say this is troubling is an understatement. I bet that there might a small bit of intimidation involved to get permission to search. I have no problem at all with LEO's walking door-to-door talking with residents about concerns, crime prevention tips, etc., but this should be illegal.

It is illegal. They are directly violating the Constitution of the United States of America.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm sure they'll have no trouble articulating probable cause or officer safety.

And we both know that both of these excuses are also direct violations of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. There are no loopholes for dirty armed law enforcers to be found in the Fourth Amendment, just a straight forward -

"You have to have probable cause to get a warrant, and you have to have a warrant describing who, what, when, and where you want to search or seize before you can search or seize anything." Anything short of that is an unreasonable search or seizure, which is illegal.

It's time to restore our rights.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    The big question is why aren't these officers being charged? Seriously if you or I did this we would be charged. It is time for the public to stand up to this crap.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We all got bent out of shape when John Edwards talked about "two Americas" during the presidential campaign. He was right, he just gave the 2 groups the wrong names. It should have been the peasants and the King's men.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh so they can stand there and beat a dent in your door? And then threaten to arrest you for obstruction when you close the door behind you?

Now if only we could send cops to the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court and pound on his door like that.:D

"Open the door, Mr. Chief Justice, or we will arrest you.":laugh:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Now if only we could send cops to the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court and pound on his door like that.:D

"Open the door, Mr. Chief Justice, or we will arrest you.":laugh:

They don't even have to do that. Let's see them do that in my neighborhood. Wouldn't happen.

I've alluded to this story before, but I have some friends - wife is black, husband is white - upper middle class folks, but they live in a heavily black area, and the area is high crime. The guy has lived there for years and operated a business in the area.

The guy suffers from episodes of severe depression and several years ago he left a suicide note and disappeared. We looked for him all night, finally found him near their house having swallowed a bunch of pills.

When the cops showed up to "help" his wife was distraught as you might imagine. She was just crying and very upset as you might imagine, trying to talk to the cop, pleading with him to "do something," which of course he couldn't. She wasn't threatening, I know because I was standing right beside her. He cursed at her and threatened to take her to jail.

Unthinkable in my neighborhood, where the cop would know that his bosses would listen to us.

In her neighborhood, though, he knew there were no humans involved.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't understand how they can 'get permission' from someone who is involved with criminal activity. It makes no sense.

Don't you ever watch Cops. It amazes me how many people agree to a search knowing they have drugs or something else illegal. I have begun to think that some criminals aren't all that bright.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    And that makes it ok to disregard someone's rights who are doing nothing wrong? I don't care why the cops are in my neighborhood, no warrant, go away!

Top Bottom