This thread needs more pictures

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Dean is right: more photos are needed ! :)

First, some background info. If you haven't heard of Otzi the Iceman, here's a good link to peruse. Otzi is the oldest preserved human ever found ..... over 50 centuries old !
    Link: OTZI, THE ICEMAN | Facts and Details

Here is a photo of the stone bladed dagger and sheath that were found with his remains.

View attachment 70225

And below is what Condor Knife and Tool in El Salvador is producing as a tribute to Otzi. I found some old rabbit furs to use as a background, as somehow that seemed fitting.
    The blade is made of 1095 steel instead of stone, but Condor tried to accurately reproduce the knife and sheath ..... with some artistic leeway.
    These aren't easy to find, but I was lucky to discover a west coast importer who had a few available. And yes, I plan on actually hanging it around my neck !

i-mkjgW2z-XL.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    yIxu7Kp.jpg

This is a knife made by a guy I used to know pretty well who has stopped making many knives these days. David Farmer is his name, I knew him a ways back and loved the stuff he made. The Sheath was made by another friend who went and got that little Fish for me so I could display my Faith. Sadly, the leather guy has passed on to His Maker now.:(

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife brought this home from a silent auction at church. Oaks Bottom Forge from somewhere in Oregon. Hand forged O-1 with some kind of spalted maple handle. Super comfy in hand...

hDESn5y.jpg

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Priceless! Knives like this along with the sheath are the best (any item made by a friend).
    yIxu7Kp.jpg

This is a knife made by a guy I used to know pretty well who has stopped making many knives these days. David Farmer is his name, I knew him a ways back and loved the stuff he made. The Sheath was made by another friend who went and got that little Fish for me so I could display my Faith. Sadly, the leather guy has passed on to His Maker now.:(

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    it looked like the picture but made of simpler stuff. Carbon steel blade/handle wrapped in something I don't remember. Can''t remember who made it now either, sorry.:(

I liked the way it looked and worked, wasn't a big collector os WWII stuff then.

Top Bottom