• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    A while back, I purchased a Gerber Mark I for $10. It was pretty scratched up from someone trying to sharpen it:

IMG_0778.jpg

The finish is not perfect, but I wanted it to retain the laser "MKI" mark. I believe it's much better, it will now shave too!:D

c11f298e.jpg

The snap on the sheath was busted, but still in fairly decent shape:
    IMG_0777.jpg

That's been fixed, I retained all the original parts. With proper care the repair should last a very long time. :thumbsup:

d075a507.jpg

Thanks GoingGreyfast for the compliments, I hope they serve you well for many years!:yesway:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The finish is not perfect, but I wanted it to retain the laser "MKI" mark. I believe it's much better, it will now shave too!:D

That's been fixed, I retained all the original parts. With proper care the repair should last a very long time. :thumbsup:

Thanks GoingGreyfast for the compliments, I hope they serve you well for many years!:yesway:

Awesome! :+1:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Those are excellent.

In a moment of weakness this morning I ordered Coote grinder. I only hope I can make something close to that nice. My wife is going to have a coronary when that thing shows up.

this is my favorite post! wife will stroke out in 5.... 4.... 3....

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I did a little update on the Izula II tonight. A quick trip to the store for some dye and about 10 minutes later, I had custom forest green scales. I also dremeled the top of the hardware to take some of the shine off. Anyone have a good way to make the hardware black?

izulaii.jpg

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    mms_picture_2-3.jpg

Yesterday, Soddie and I decided to stop by one of my favorite breweries while we were in town. The tour was nice, the two growlers I picked up were better, but I found a new EPC (Every Party Carry) coozie to match my sodbuster! :rockwoot:
    With your knife laying there, it looks like the coozie says Gun King (two of my favorite things - Guns and Sun King):):

Oh, Knives too!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What kind of blade is that, Mark? It looks pretty sweet!

Hey Alex, where have you been? Haven't seen you around in a bit.

The guy I got it off caled it a Trailmaster knife, scale and sheath material are Siamese rosewood, and made from scrap ball bearings.

That's about all I know. Haven't even had the chance to use it really.

Top Bottom