• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I am a college student, and firearms are not allowed on campus. I know it isn't illegal to carry on a college campus, but I would get expelled if I was caught. I know I can get a smaller gun to CC than my 1911, but that's not really in my budget right now. Are there any knife defense classes in the Southern IN/Louisville, KY that anyone knows about? I'm not wanting a ka-bar style knife fight. I mean like a 3"-4" blade situation. I have received countless emails from the University about armed robberies on campus, and I'd like to be prepared with my EDC knife.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I don't know of any specific knife fighting classes that you could take, but something like Krav Maga or a good MMA gym to train you in Boxing, grappling and Muay Thai might be a better idea.

JBishop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    New Albany
    I have talked to an instructor that teaches in Clarksville. He's a Martial Blade Concepts (Mike Janich) associate instructor. His name is Robert Lemmons. PM me and I will see if I can find his number. I think he does a class on Tuesday nights at the LE center.

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    I am an Edged Weapon (knife) instructor for the military. I will be conducting a Seminar in the near future on the east side of Indy. I can also provide semi private training at reasonable prices. Feel freely to call me, 317 289 0199. Sorry I cannot PM you, my account does not allow this just yet*** Respectfully

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Yes. Where on the eastside? Do you have a venue to host this at? If not I might be able to provide a place. How much are the classes?

Last edited:

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Sorry guys.. I have a location in Greenfield Indiana. Course will span 3 days.. Friday (6pm-8ish), Sat/Sun (10am-4ish). Fee is $150, certification upon completion for your training jacket. This is the same I currently teach the Navy and Army. I am a Chief Warrant Officer and a direct student of Paul Vunak who trains SEALs this same program. I am planning on doing this in Jan, but if we get enough ppl together I can do it sooner. If so, we will likely have miltary ppl with us as they are currently training this too. So Im guessing I will have 15 civilian slots open.

This program is not a collection of blocks and disarms. I will teach you how to neutralize the attacker with any edged weapon. This course is very repeatable.

Make sure where ever you train you do not learn dozens of tech..because you will NOT pull these off when you need 'em. You will fight as you train, we all know this.

I will show you how to move and cut, then neutralize. Train somewhere pls, but you may wanna ensure your trainer is legit.. The blade is a whole other animal. //Respectfully 317 289 0199

Top Bottom