• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TOD74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2022
    Camby
    So I’m considering buying a kimber micro 9 and I’ve been doing some searches online. I’ve found many threads and posts about problems with them feeding and also getting jammed up right out of the box. Most of those posts are a couple of years old. Is this a common issue currently, or have those issues been resolved? I always thought kimber was a quality brand. I don’t want to buy a problem .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have had one for about a year.
    Probably not more than 2-300 rounds through it to date, but no issues to report.
    I've used a couple of different ammo brands and bullet profiles.
    It's on my hip now loaded with hollow points.

Attachments

• IMG_20221218_111140784.jpg
      IMG_20221218_111140784.jpg
      339.7 KB · Views: 9

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One more thought, and I don't know how much weight should be given to the thought
    When I picked up my Micro 9 it had factory "oil" on it.
    This was just discussed in another thread.

Much of that factory "oil" you find on brand new guns is not so much an oil as a preservative/rustproofing.
    If not cleaned, this stuff will gum up and set like glue if you shoot enough to get the gun dirty and hot.

If you decide to get one, or any other new gun for that matter, clean it and lube it up BEFORE you start shooting.

Could save you a lot of headaches.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Call me crazy but after the issues the Solo had I would avoid Kimber micro guns myself. The Micro seems more like a P938 and that makes me nervous. I had a 938 years ago and after about 1k rounds it just broke. Sent it back to Sig and they replaced everything but the frame , slide and barrel, all they would tell me was it was a know issue. Function checked the pistol and promptly traded it.

If you want a smaller 1911 style gun to carry I would look at the Colt Officer model guns , Dan Wesson discontinued the ECO but honestly while nice that gun kicked like a mule in 45

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Had one a few years ago. Ran great for me but just didn't fit my needs or interests (wife hated it)

-Factory preservative grease is not operational lube, it needs to be cleaned and lubed before shooting.
    -It's a tiny gun, somewhat sensitive to ammo quality and hand/wrist strength. easy to limp-wrist it.
    -On the kimber forums, it was pretty common to need a hundred rounds or more to break in (though if that was the gun or the shooter was debateable) and the recoil spring needs to be replaced at either 1k or 2k rounds (I forget). Mags were also finicky for some people.

The micros have absolutely nothing to do with actual 1911s. Kimber's "quality" like a high end car. Kinda finicky and needs to be taken care of with proprietary parts. Not "quality" like glock, sig, M&P, CZ, etc that are more like runs anything anywhere all day long.

Top Bottom