• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jreed21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate any feedback. I had a Kimber Pro Carry II that I just sold because I was not happy with the aluminum frame. It shot flawless forr 200 rounds but didnt want to chance any problems down the road with frame problems, although the lighter weight made for great carry. I just replaced it with the Pro TLE II since its all steel. I threw on some blue and black vz grips and black sti trigger. She is a real beauty. I have read mixed reviews on kimbers and this is only my second one and really like it and will be my main carry gun. Does anyone have this model and if so has it been reliable? Any feedback is appreciated from people who have actually owned a kimber. Thank you

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Kimber was having some quality control problems but they have seemed to fix that. They sent the problem to work for Sig. :D Break it in just like they tell you in their manual. The more you shoot it the better it will run. I love mine, but it is an Eclipse.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Read and follow the manual. Shoot the heck out of it. Yes, I have more than plenty of experience with your weapon. NO problems and tack driving SOBs.
    BTW, not a thing wrong with the lightweight frames.
    Shoot and enjoy

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My pre series II Kimbers have all been flawless, especially the early ones. Of all of the Kimbers I did have issues with one Series II w/ external extractor.... Kimber replced the slide with an internal extractor and it runs great.

I still have some series II Kimbers, one with the EE and its very reliable, its a TLE II Rail.

Personally Ive had more trouble with Colt and SAinc 1911s.... actually not trouble with Colt... you knew going going in to polish the feedramps, replace the springs and buy Wilson mags which I use in all of my 1911s.....

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a Custom TLE II w/external extractor and Tactical Pro II. I actually have had 0 issues with the external extractor with over thousands of rounds through it(+3,000). On the other hand, the Tactical Pro had problems with double firing. It sounds like fun, but it really isn't. I replaced the sear pin and sear spring. No problems since(crossed fingers). My main real gripe is the crap KimPro finish that is by far the worst coating I have ever encountered on a firearm. Pure garbage.

Jreed21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you all for your positive feedback, it makes me feel better that I have a carry gun that will last and be reliable. I have a bad habit of getting bored and selling guns to fund different ones. That is a habit I want to break with this gun. Now I need to decide if my full size will be a Kimber and keep it in the family or a SA TRP. Thanks again

Top Bottom