• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    It's alive! Old threads being raised form the dead are creepy like zombies. Cool - I love zombies. :)

I believe you shoot to stop the attack. Once the attack is over you dial 911 - not reload and pump several more shots into the attacker. I know that adrenaline does weird things to the body/mind, but this seems like an execution.

Hero? No. Criminal? Yes.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    It's alive! Old threads being raised form the dead are creepy like zombies. Cool - I love zombies. :)

I believe you shoot to stop the attack. Once the attack is over you dial 911 - not reload and pump several more shots into the attacker. I know that adrenaline does weird things to the body/mind, but this seems like an execution.

Hero? No. Criminal? Yes.

Why wouldn't you reload?? Even though I never read anywhere in the original post about the druggist stopping to reload. If I was in the same situation and had the capability to reload, YOU DAMN WELL BETTER BELIEVE I WOULD!! AND use it if I felt my life was still in danger! The armed robber was trying to get back up according to the druggist.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Any updates on the case? Unfortunately I think he is going to have an uphill court battle.

Yes. Now four doctors have given opinions on the case. Some say he was pretty much dead after the first shot to the head(the first shot was .410, pellets of some sort of size, from a Taurus Judge), some say he wasn't (the original doctor said the bullet to the head was likely survivable with no issues..who knows). However, at least one doctor says the kid could have been making noises and the upper part of his body (not seen on the video) might have been moving, and so a person in the situation of the pharmacist might think the person is still a threat.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Why wouldn't you reload?? Even though I never read anywhere in the original post about the druggist stopping to reload. If I was in the same situation and had the capability to reload, YOU DAMN WELL BETTER BELIEVE I WOULD!! AND use it if I felt my life was still in danger! The armed robber was trying to get back up according to the druggist.

I would, too, if I was empty. I'm not against re-arming (in whatever manner available) to be able to continue to defend myself, but I am against putting more rounds into someone who's no longer a threat.

It sounds like the pharmacist just plain killed the guy. In my mind there a huge difference between self-defense and retribution. :twocents:

Shoot to stop the attack; not to remove a worthless p.o.s. from society. Let the judge/jury/executioner decide that if your initial shots were missplaced.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    For E'villeGunner:

OKLAHOMA CITY - Confronted by two holdup men, pharmacist Jerome Ersland pulled a gun, shot one of them in the head and chased the other away. Then, in a scene recorded by the drugstore's security camera, he went behind the counter, got another gun, and pumped five more bullets into the wounded teenager as he lay on the floor.

Reload, tactical reload, Texas reload, whatever. :dunno:

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Yes. Now four doctors have given opinions on the case. Some say he was pretty much dead after the first shot to the head(the first shot was .410, pellets of some sort of size, from a Taurus Judge), some say he wasn't (the original doctor said the bullet to the head was likely survivable with no issues..who knows). However, at least one doctor says the kid could have been making noises and the upper part of his body (not seen on the video) might have been moving, and so a person in the situation of the pharmacist might think the person is still a threat.

Thanks for the update. Still sounds like it could be uphill for the shooter. I guess we may never know what truly happened. If they guy was still a threat, you take him out. If he is down for good, you don't. Sounds kinda like a mercy killing to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Awwwww...... This is GREAT NEWS. I wish every citizen was willing to take vigilantism more serious.

Why do we as a Society allow criminals to terrorize us? They are only allowed to do this because we have a failed Justice system.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Two issues here. One, should you be able to finish a guy off, assuming that's actually what happened, which is a big assumption. I understand that the law must stand against this.

The second issue is what to do with a guy who does this. To me, he's behaving lawfully and two criminals initiate force against him. Everything that happens after that, they brought on themselves. My biggest problem is with a DA who brings charges. While we shouldn't encourage finishing someone off, you also don't make a criminal out of an honest man who would never hurt anyone until the day the predators attacked him. So, maybe for whatever reason he crossed a line. The line was carried in to his store by the two preadators. They are responsible for it having been crossed.

Ju

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The second issue is what to do with a guy who does this. To me, he's behaving lawfully and two criminals initiate force against him. Everything that happens after that, they brought on themselves. My biggest problem is with a DA who brings charges. While we shouldn't encourage finishing someone off, you also don't make a criminal out of an honest man who would never hurt anyone until the day the predators attacked him. So, maybe for whatever reason he crossed a line. The line was carried in to his store by the two preadators. They are responsible for it having been crossed.

Ju

I totally agree with this. They got what was coming to them.

I don't think he will be found guilty by all 12. I know he wouldn't if I were on the jury.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    He'd walk if I were on the jury. As much as I love our justice system, it is on a tipping scale that is about to fall into an abyss. That young adult would have been out of boys school in less than 12 months making his mamma proud again in other scenarios hosted by tax payers.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The shooting in this case was clearly justified, but when the pharmacist grabbed another gun and finished off one of the bad guys (who was already on the floor unconscious from a bullet wound to the head), the incident became more questionable. I think it's great a bad guy is permanently off the street, but what would you have done? If you shot an intruder in your house or business and they were unconscious, doesn't it seem a bit extreme to finish them off?

Read the whole article. Of course the victim's mother and the NAACP are getting involved. Poor little misunderstood thug.

Killing stirs debate over vigilante justice - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

as long as i can legaly get away with it then i have no problem permanently eliminating a scum bag. i dont care if your just stealing a persons wallet. If they get the chance to kill you then they should legaly be able too in my opinion. this country would be much safer if criminals had fear of REAL consequences. jail is club med to a street thug. its a better life in there than what he has on the street. until we start getting firm with punishments and stop letting the bleeding hearts control everything then violence will continue to get worse.
    if you make it legal for me to shoot and kill you if you try and steal my car, then watch the number of stolen cars from individuals drop.

i dont believe there is ever an "over the top" when it comes to punishing a criminal you catch in the act of a serious crime.

on their first offense we should be able to run 110 volts through their jewel sack so they cant reproduce. plug the females

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    The cold hearted IndyK

Im getting sick of tired of gun toting criminals who want to kill people.
    The punk got what he deserved. The man he was trying to hold up was a respected vet and a pharmacist, a true value to the community compared to that maggot who wanted to kill.

I have no sympathy for a dead, gun toting criminal.
    The only bad feelings I have is the obstacles that the pharmacist will be facing.

This isnt me,

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDj03tDeUMY

Im not going silly....

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    :+1:

He'd walk if I were a juror as well, on moral grounds.

If you enter any establishment with the intent to rob someone at gun point, *you* have just chosen to set in motion a series of events that have several potential really bad outcomes and any sane person knows that.

*You* (the assailant) set the wheels in motion, *you* chose to do this, what happens after that is all a result of what *you* did and is now *your* problem...That includes getting shot in the head and 5 additional times later. It doesn't matter what the victim does or how he does it, *you* brought this on yourself...every action has consequences.

As far as "he didn't have to shoot my baby like that", I get sick of hearing that. "Your baby" shouldn't have been holding a gun in the man's face.

Placing my soapbox back under the table now,

My :twocents:...

-Drew

Top Bottom