• Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Kershaw Leek & Customer Service | W9ZEB Dot Org

w9zeb.org said:
    I carry a Kershaw Leek pocket knife every day. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and the blade shows the wear of use. One reason I purchased the Leek is it has Kershaw’s SpeedSafe system which allows for very easy, and rapid one handed opening of the blade.
    Last week my knife stopped snapping open like it should. I took it apart to find the torsion bar had broken. I went to Kershaw’s website to see what the warranty or repair options were and found out all I needed to do was request a replacement through an online web form. I went ahead and submitted my request for a new torsion bar, and a replacement pocket clip.

Four days later Kershaw blew me away. Not only did they send me what I needed, but they sent two torsion bars, and three belt clips!!! I know the parts can’t have cost Kershaw very much, but the commitment to customer satisfaction was well above and beyond. Rest assured Kershaw my next blade purchases will have your name on the side!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    A close friend and I both bought Kershaw knives the same day about 7 or 8 years ago at Smokey Mountain Knife Works in TN, and we were both unhappy with them. The blade steel was lame. At the time, these were somewhere in the $50-60 range, so they certainly weren't top of the line. Another friend bought one about 3 years ago as a replacement for his EDC and had similarly poor results- the knife wouldn't really maintain an edge. You could get it to be "sharp" when using the ceramic sticks, but it wouldn't stay that way for long. I have heard many good things about Kershaw, and maybe things have gotten better, but my personal experiences have been mediocre. I'd like to like them, because they offer some of the slimmest knives on the market.

I switched to a Benchmade at Christmas time. If it continues to hold up as well as it has so far, I will tatoo Benchmade on my buttcheek and never look back. To date it has been excellent- super sharp edge and good retention of that edge. Mine is a Mini-Griptilian that I got from | Shooter Basix |

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As a dealer, I've been very impressed with the overall quality of what I've sold from them (a few Blurs, R.A.M.s, and another I don't recall.)

Kershaw changed blade steels a few years ago to a high quality Sandvik product that is used to make surgical steel cutting tools. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one because I think they offer (especially the assisted opening knives) an excellent value at that price point.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have a Kershaw Shallot in S110V and it is in its own class in terms of edge-holding. The knife is well built, but overall my opinion of it is mixed.

The handle is smooth stainless steel and is quite slippery. There is no jimping near the hilt of the blade, so I'm always afraid my hand is going to slide forwards onto the blade when using it. The blade has a recurve, which makes it difficult to sharpen. Finally, it came with a sharpening job inferior to even flea-market knives from pakistan.

My normal EDC is a Spyderco Military - I have two - one in S30V and one with a carbon fiber handle in S90V. I carry a Spyderco Caly 3 CF or a Spyderco Native from time to time.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I've been very happy with my mini-mojo for the last few years. I have not owned a benchmade so I cannot compare. I really like kershaw ken onion knives the best. I purchased a R.A.M., but I didn't keep it because the action wasn't nearly as nice. I also prefer an all metal knife. My knife gets mostly light use, but there is a rarely a day I don't use it to open something, etc.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have been meaning to get one of these since I was about 13. A friend had one and it felt really right in the hand:

K4351.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those who prefer higher end production cutlery, Kershaw also has their "Zero Tolderance" line.

Apparently m_deaner has some sweet knives (Spyderco Military!) that he has apparently not yet chosen to show to me. But what should I expect from . . . the WHITE DEVIL???

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Apparently m_deaner has some sweet knives (Spyderco Military!) that he has apparently not yet chosen to show to me. But what should I expect from . . . the WHITE DEVIL???

HA! Do you still think I'm "keeping you down"?:)
    You can fondle my Millies at the next shoot. But I recommend that you don't - you'll want one.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    what can you tell me about kershaw knives? any good ?worth the money?thanks!

I've got several Kershaw Knives and have been using them for years. I buy only the speedsafe opening system. I'm seldom without. I think they are worth the money.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have two Kershaws, both Ken Onion designs with speed-safe. I have a Chive and a Leek. The Chive works well when you are out among liberals who would freak out if they saw a knife clipped to your pocket.

Both of mine were very sharp right out of the box. Kershaw customer service is very responsive.

Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Great

I carry a Kershaw everyday and beat the hell out of it. I would trust it to the end. Great products, great price, and made in the USA!:rockwoot:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Kershaw, like Benchmade and Spyderco, have a range of knives from low to mid/high. Be selective with what you buy and you'll do fine.

The Lahar is a great price-point knife from Kershaw right now. G10 and VG10 for less than $75.

Top Bottom