• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    In other words. Even though no other gun you've shot has the problems the pf9 exhibits, it's the shooter's fault. So, only get into situations where you can stand in proper shooting range form with full power grip with no stress or prior injury and where the bad guy will hold still (good for shooting passed out drunks without pants) and you'll be fine.

I have paid attention!! Thanks.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thank you. The M&P Shield is on my short list. Do you how stiff the slide is?

How to you rack the slide? With a high strong hand grip and the weak hand over the top of the slide, you'll likely have enough leverage to rack most if not all semi autos.

Not the best video, but you get the idea.
    [video=youtube_share;_m8ioBKQkxk]http://youtu.be/_m8ioBKQkxk[/video]

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    In other words. Even though no other gun you've shot has the problems the pf9 exhibits, it's the shooter's fault. So, only get into situations where you can stand in proper shooting range form with full power grip with no stress or prior injury and where the bad guy will hold still (good for shooting passed out drunks without pants) and you'll be fine.

I'm just saying that this particular gun is exceptionally sensitive to limp-wristing moreso than any other gun I've ever shot, Try one out yourself... I don't have this problem, (and neither did any of the three people used as an example), with any of my Glocks or 1911's. As to shooting passed out drunks, you're better off stomping their head to mush and not wasting ammo.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Need to see if someone in the area can let you.try their gun, or see if there's a meet and shoot (ingo). Holding a gun and shooting a gun feel a lot different.

Mr.Softball

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Perry County
    I bought a SCCY CPX 2 and have had zero issues plus it has a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun. Very accurate and no pain when shooting. Trigger is better than a Kel Tec at least for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a PF9 and don't really care for it much. It's always been reliable for me, but it just does not really float my boat. The trigger false reset worries me. When I shoot it, I tend to reset to the first click and then wonder why it won't shoot. That could be embarrassing in a gun fight.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    You'd be better served saving a bit more scratch and getting a more reliable gun. Ruger LC9, Kahr CW9 or CM9, S&W Shield - all are similar in size to the PF9 and close to it in price but are MUCH more reliable... IMHO :)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You'd be better served saving a bit more scratch and getting a more reliable gun. Ruger LC9, Kahr CW9 or CM9, S&W Shield - all are similar in size to the PF9 and close to it in price but are MUCH more reliable... IMHO :)

Yes.. also, if you are looking at buying a second hand Ford Crown Victoria, I would suggest instead, a Mercury Grand Marquis. They are SO much more reliable...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yes.. also, if you are looking at buying a second hand Ford Crown Victoria, I would suggest instead, a Mercury Grand Marquis. They are SO much more reliable...

KelTec comes up with decent ideas but fails to execute them. Sometimes Ruger turns those ideas into guns worth having. If I needed a pocket .380 I'd have no hesitation about a LCP, but I'd never own another P3AT. :dunno:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Unlike this example, PF9 and LC9 aren't built by the same company on the same assembly line with all the same parts save some trim. Ruger is not my first choice in that category of gun, but like Chezuki, I'd own a Ruger far sooner than a KelTec.

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Unlike this example, PF9 and LC9 aren't built by the same company on the same assembly line with all the same parts save some trim. Ruger is not my first choice in that category of gun, but like Chezuki, I'd own a Ruger far sooner than a KelTec.

All good points, but at least in the .380 pocket pistol category, there are a few more steps up. I do have an LCP, but would rather have bought a S&W BG380, or the little Kahr .380. Ruger does refine the ideas that Kel-tec brought to the table, Smith took it a few steps up, and Kahr, in my opinion, redefines the entire idea...

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a PF9. Liked it, but not a fan of DAO triggers. It was a great size for concealment and very thin and lightweight to boot. I never had the first feeding issue with it. When I did carry it, which wasn't much, I loaded it up with corbon powerball. Only reason I sold it was I'm not fond of 9mm and it was my only 9mm.

I own one...I choose to carry my glock over it for daily carry...but I have never had any issues with it. I also don't particularly like the DAO trigger. But other than that, I have nothing negative to say about it based on my personal experience.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I am new to INGO. I am researching 9 mm options to on-body carry for the first time. I held a Keltec PF9 recently at a gun show in Indianapolis. It fit my hand really well. Much better than my brother's Taurus 709 slim. Plus I am able to rack the slide. However, in doing further research, I see issues with reliability. Has anyone had much experience with this gun? Thanks.

Rent of try shooting one if yiu can. Personally i love mine and carry it all the time. I pocket carry it often and use the IWB clip as well. It is very very thin. Fairly consistent accuracy, mine isn't choosy about ammo, very easy to maintain, and , zero FTF in 500+ rounds. The one downside is that it is a little snappy with recoil as it is small and light, but i think it is a great concealed carry gun.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I had one. Easy to carry, fit my hand well, good price too. Ran fine at first, then declined quickly. After 400 rounds of hoping to break it in and a new extractor, I gave up. I dumped it a gun show, using the money to buy a Ruger LC9. Similar feel in my hand....MUCH better performance. Now I carry with confidence, something I couldn't do with my PF-9.

Note: my buddy has a PF-9 and it has been flawless. I wish you similar luck should you get one.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I had a P-32 that was big time trouble. I just can't forgive Kel-Tec for that one.
    Had to send it back twice, before it word work. Good customer service, I think they
    have a lot of practice.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I think its inexpensive enough that I would suggest buy it, if it feels good to you, then shoot, shoot, shoot, and then decide if you will trust your life with it. If you shoot it welll and have no problems, keep it, if not, sell it.

Top Bottom