• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    my front sight SUCKS and within a few hundred rounds it started moving around -rotating- aaround the muzzle. I epoxied it back on and it stuck, but now it shoots WAY right, like 6 inches at 50 yards.
    i'm accurate with it, as i know where to put the rounds.. but since its my bugout gun, i hate the idea of having to -remember- where to shoot.

any upgrades for this?
    40 cal glock model, with the buttstock extension.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I had to modify the butt stock extender I will try to get a picture up when I get home. Pretty easy to do with a dremal and I have not used one much other than cutting.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Their customer service is good but I say upgrade. We got ours 5 years ago and it had a well known front sight problem (yours is way beyond our problem) but in the end, unless you memorized that it hit low and left you were screwed.

You can make an AK sight work but I had not looked at stuff in a few years and the Red Lion looks good.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    The edges need cleaned up a bit and it doesn't look that grey in normal light.

IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I bought this gun 2 years ago at a shop in Fort Wayne. I took it out to the range the following week to break her in, and I found that the front sight was canted way right. I'm generally busy, and broke, so I only get to shoot once every 3-4 months. By the time I got around to contacting Kel-tec about it, they said they'd replace it free of charge, and that all I needed was a receipt.

Well, the receipt is long gone, and so is the shop I bought it from. They said they'd replace it for $99 without a receipt (somehow not having a receipt makes it not a real kel-tec???) and I just think it's insane to spend that kind of money to have one of the worst front sights in firearm history reinstalled.

What is especially upsetting is that if you go to the Kel-tec owners group forums, you'll see that this has been a problem since the gun first came out. I was furious to find out that I bought mine 5 years later and they had done NOTHING to fix the problem. Now 2 years later you just bought the gun and are having front sight problems.

How can a company just keep selling something that is clearly broken? Imagine if you bought a car, but the windshield fell out while driving on the highway. Now imagine you brought it in to get fixed, and they fixed it for free, but then fast forward 5 years later and people who are buying the same car in a completely different year STILL have their windshields falling out?

The nutnfancy video made the sub2000 out to be a great gun. But in reality, it's great for them because they can afford the $150 quad rail and a red-dot. I can't afford any of that crap, and I feel pretty dumb for thinking that a gun should work out of the box. Apparently guns are supposed to be broken until you send them back to the manufacturer to get them fixed. At least that's what Kel-tec wants us to believe.

Top Bottom