• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I been posting and getting some great advice on here. Thanks everyone. I have a G23 and love it but am wanting a smaller carry gun.

I have narrowed it down to a G26 or G27 but I might have to sell my G23 to do that. Plus it is still on the thick side.

I was really looking hard at the Kel-tec .32 and the .380 as pocket guns. One thing that makes me apprehensive as I think about it is my son pulls up on me all of the time when we are out and about as he is just now walking. He is always fiddling with my panys and pcokets and I really pay it no mind. I would hate for him to get to my pocket gun before i realized what is going on.

So now I am thinking about a slim gun to carry in an IWB holster thats slim as I dont wear baggy clothes often.

One gun many of you suggested and that is in my price range is the Kel-tec PF-9. I have been reading about it and watching clips and like what I see. Where have you all got yours from in the Indy area and how much did they run? I normally trade at Bradis but price is the factor here. I might be able to get it and keep the G23.

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    I love my glock,just a couple months ago I went to a S&W model 642 38,It fits in my front pocket fine,no one ever notices that i have it,I can draw it easily,and it is only 15 oz

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I like my PF-9 and it carries easy and unnoticable. I think someone has one for sale itn classified right now for 275$. I paid 200$ for mine brand new but I got a heck of a deal. Extra mags are about 22-25$ Come to New Castle and you can shoot mine. Bring your own ammo!!:D

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    someone lowered the price

I like my PF-9 and it carries easy and unnoticable. I think someone has one for sale itn classified right now for 275$. I paid 200$ for mine brand new but I got a heck of a deal. Extra mags are about 22-25$ Come to New Castle and you can shoot mine. Bring your own ammo!!:D

That someone decided to lower the price after doing some looking around.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Yeah I had one for a while, too much bite for me, but in the heat of the moment most likely not noticeable. Size is perfect for carry, and just small enough or big enough to hold it without feeling like its a toy. Id say low 200s is probly a good price.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    When I bought mine it was right at $260.00 new at Bradis I think April of 2008. About six weeks ago I saw one in PSS (Plainfield Shooting Supply) and I think it was $240.00, not sure though. PSS is usually cheaper. You can always call Bob at PSS and find out for sure.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Been thinking about one myself. Funny part is, I always try something new, but keep going back to GLOCK. Just easier for me, since my duty weapon is a G22. I want to try something small like a PF-9 or maybe anew Taurus 709

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm a Glock guy, but I'm picking up a PF-9 for summer/pocket carry.

Anyone know if there are any local shops that carry the belt clip for Kel-Tecs?

Last edited:

woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    As always, you get what you pay for. I bought a PF-9 due to the size. After taking it apart and giving it a close look, it has A LOT of room for improvement. Heavy burrs on the slide groove that can be cleaned up and I did some blending on the back of the grip to get rid of a sharp edge that bruised by hand after 50 rds. Finally, due to the single stack mag it was a bear for me to hold on to and keep the barrel down. But a carry weapon isnt a range weapon. All in all a great gun for the price. I paid 250 at plainfield shooting supply.

woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    I bought my belt clip online, but saw it at plainfield shooting supply (about 6 months ago) soon after recieving mine in the mail. PSS was cheaper than online.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    found a belt-clip and a Blackhawk Size 3 pocket holster at Elmore's yesterday.... I'm set!

I bought mine purely for a carry gun. I love my Glocks, but also wanted something that I would carry with me ALL the time.

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    If i see one for that (200.00), I'll own two of them :)

Not if I see it first. I will have two of them. haha.

I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old and I carry my pf9 in my pocket all the time while carrying the kids. Neither one of them has tried to reach in my pockets but I am always very cautious when I am around them.

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I had a PF9 and was really surpised at the accuracy and manageability of it. I used the pocket clip but carried it IWB and it was very comfortable. I wish I would have never sold it. I noticed that carrying it with the pocket clip, the white dot front sight rubbed off after a couple of days.

Top Bottom