• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I've found that my firearms function significantly more reliably with the ammunition inside of them as opposed to being store separately.

On the rare occassions when there are children in the house, the room with the guns is locked and my carry gun is on my hip.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    my guns are locked in a cabinet and ammo in a different location........ I'll use 911 and a baseball bat - not too many know my house as well as I in the dark.

Nothing like bringing a club to a gun fight...good luck with that.
    Dad always hung a loaded shotgun in the closet over the door. I put clothes on the hanger rod dozens of times and never knew it was there till I moved out and he told me about it.
    Of course that would not work in a walk in closet....

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fire arms and ammo

I've found that my firearms function significantly more reliably with the ammunition inside of them as opposed to being store separately.

On the rare occassions when there are children in the house, the room with the guns is locked and my carry gun is on my hip.

++1

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    All gun safety courses teach this!
    it makes good sense if you have small children around
    and if you just have them for hunting or sport.
    But if you have a gun for self defense.
    You are gonna want to keep it loaded and make other
    Arragments to keep it secured

Let me ponder this..... Gun safety course ??? is that the one you pay a lot of $$$$$ to learn not to put your booger hook on the bang stick and don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy...... And keeping it secured would be in a retention holster on your hip...... Man, that is deep.

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    I've seen safes that have 2 doors; one for ammo/range gear and another one for firearms. There is a divider separating the two and . This allows you to securely store your firearms and ammo, while both are in the same room. Problem solved!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    AR-15 in the corner next to nightstand, full mag with bolt closed on empty chamber. Wife prefers her XDm 40 with streamlight on her nightstand. Only guns I keep unloaded arer the hunting or target shooting guns. Remington 700 in 7mm Remington Magnum seems overkill for close range targets.:D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I don't keep the weapons in the safes loaded. I have enough stashed around the house to let me get to the big boys in the safe if need be. I also don't store my ammo in the safes. That is a waste of real estate to me. I have a couple places for the extra ammo.

That doesn't mean that I don't have loaded mags close by, I just don't leave the firearms themselves loaded in the safe.

Kids aren't little any more so I am comfortable with more bang sticks not being secured.

Top Bottom