• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Never had a Kahr gun, but been looking at the cm9. Are they pretty reliable guns? I have been toying with the idea of a diamondback db9 but honestly dont know much about them either. They seem to be very close in size

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The cm9 was reliable for me as long as I was only using the flush 6 round magazines. I had issues with the extended mags as others have. I sold it because I didn't feel like I could dump the magazine accurately. It was reliable though, aside from the extended mag.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The CM9 is a very good firearm. I used to carry one, but upgraded to the PM9. Kahrs are noted for it's very smooth trigger. You'll have a hard time finding a better compact 9mm. I have no experience with the DB9, so I can't comment on that one. If at all possible, you should test fire both before making a decision. Check if your local range has them to rent and if that doesn't work, put out a call for help on INGO.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Never had a Kahr gun, but been looking at the cm9. Are they pretty reliable guns? I have been toying with the idea of a diamondback db9 but honestly dont know much about them either. They seem to be very close in size

I shot my younger brother's CM9 a fair bit. With self-defense ammo, heck, even with regular range ammo, it's a violent little shooter. But that trigger felt like it was hydraulic, just buttery smooth. Never a failure with it, and it's a sharp-looking little gun that darned near disappears when you carry it. You can get them used at really great prices.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have owned and or shot the CM9, the Shield 9mm, and the Nano. The Kahr was my favorite and I still have one for when I want to deep carry.

I did switch to the XDS 45 as my EDC but I still love the Kahr.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Had a Kahr CW9, it would occasionally fail to feed. The Kahr mags just don't seem to hold the rounds in firmly, unless they have changed the design lately. The top round would always be free to move up and down quite a bit in mine. I sold it, my small 9mm now is a S&W Shield. I wouldn't trade it for any other small 9mm pistol. IF you get a Kahr that feeds properly, they make a dandy little pocket gun due to their very light weight and very smooth trigger. But for a small increase in weight in size, I think the Shield is a far better option. It's more of a real pistol to me, something that I wouldn't hesitate to use for a combat course. I can't really say that about any other small 9mm that I have owned, and I have owned a few!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I stopped counting rounds after 3000, and have not had any issues with my PM9. In fact it is the only pocket pistol that I have been able to reliably put on paper (in calm conditions) at 25 yards (as in no true threat). That said, it has been my constant companion since I bought it about 7 years ago right after it became available. It is also one of the few pocket pistols that is +P rated per the owner's manual.

Just a little heads up on another item in that owner's manual, they mandate a 200 round break-in before carrying it.

Oh, and after all my practicing, that little thing is as tight as the day I bought it. I have no problem highly recommending the PM9 and if the CM9 version is built as well, it will be a great deep conceal weapon.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I love my CM9...

f8W6ImV.png

I've stippled it, had a INGO member cerakote it black and install some Dawson Precision night sights on it and I've polished the barrel and slide stop. Will polish the trigger eventually too, just haven't felt like taking it that far apart to get to it.

I've had one failure with this and I believe that was a result of using the 7rd extended mags instead of the flush fit and provided 6 round mags. No issues with the standard 6 round mags. I trust it to go bang every time.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I have been carrying my P9 since 2001 or 02 and have never had an issue. I was an LEO and qualified twice a year with the K9 plus a moderate amount of informal practice (250 rounds a year) I cannot imagine giving a gun higher praise than to state that, I expect that one day it will be handed over to my Daughter to use as a defensive handgun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My wife wants one, and I am going to borrow another Officers BUG (CM9), for an overnight range trial, she had to have the Glock-43,doesn't like it, and now I have inherited it for a range toy, cause she held a CM9 at the range just like she held a G-43, in her mind she needs one.

This time she gets to shoot one before pulling out the plastic!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I don't know what models one of my kid sisters owns, but she carried one as a BUG during her career as a Deputy Sheriff and the other is a EDC for her. She loves them.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had a CW40. Ok gun, but lost a small wound spring holding the slide release. After a full grid search, found it and reinstalled. had to wiggle it a bit, and it was ok. Shot fine, traded for something else. Good luck, I think they are hot/cold depends on quality control.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    0701131133a_0001_zps25aa60dc.jpg

I carry one every day. Great little pistol. Very reliable. Hard to sell. Easy to buy. Everyone wants the Glock 43 right now. I'm thinking about it myself for some reason.

Talon grips are a must!

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    thanks for all the replies. been looking on some of the facebook pages for a used one and none out there right now so looks like i might be ordering one from buds

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Had a PM 40 and a CM9, they're great guns. My only complaint was the loooooong trigger reset after shooting glocks for so long, which is why I ultimately got rid of them.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    The older CM9s had reliability problems due to the feed ramp. The magazine followers tend to break their legs. I don't know if this has been corrected by the factory. If you decide to buy a used one I would suggest shooting it before purchase if possible.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Love my CW9, goes with me everywhere and haven't had any issues. I AIWB carry mine, and its a perfect fit. The trigger is perfect for edc if you ask me. Smooth but longer and I like that.

Top Bottom