• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/FINAL_...-22-09.pdf?aff=Y&sid=KAx20050824x32xFatWallet

Kmart and Super Kmart stores in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
    and Guam) will offer a 20% discount off regularly priced Kmart brand grocery and
    drugstore merchandise to eligible customers who register for the Program on kmart.com.

Our own brand grocery and drugstore merchandise includes: American Fare, Aviya,
    Biostyle, Champion Breed, Little Ones, Hercules, Image Essentials, Quality Guaranteed,
    Smart Cents, Smart Sense, Torq, and Vitasmart products, and Our Family products
    (available exclusively at Super Kmart stores.) This program excludes sale and clearance
    merchandise. Cards will be issued from June 21, 2009 through January 2010.

Kmart
    reserves the right to modify or cancel this program at any time. Limit one card per
    person. Savings cards are non-transferable. In the event of a return, savings may be
    deducted from the refund.
    Registrants will receive a savings card valid for up to six months from the date of issue, as
    outlined below.

o Cards issued in June will be valid until 12/31/09.
    o Cards issued in July will be valid until 01/31/10.
    o Cards issued in August will be valid until 02/28/10.
    o Cards issued in September will be valid until 03/31/10.
    o Cards issued in October will be valid until 04/30/10.
    o Cards issued in November will be valid until 05/31/10.
    o Cards issued in December will be valid until 06/30/10.
    o Cards issued in January will be valid until 07/31/10.

Program Eligibility

Kmart customers who are residents of the 50 United States and present state-issued
    identification (driver’s license or identification card) and a state-issued unemployment
    benefits enrollment confirmation, including: printed verification from the state’s
    Unemployment Insurance Agency (“UIA”) (“Unemployment Verification”) are eligible to
    participate in the Program (“Eligible Participants”). Unemployment Verification is
    unique by individual state. To learn more about your individual state’s Unemployment
    Verification, please visit America's Service Locator - Map Search for state links and click on the
    state from which the eligible participant is drawing unemployment benefits from. You
    will be directed to that states’ Unemployment Insurance Program’s website. At checkout,
    cardholders will be required to show their valid savings card, their state-issued
    identification card for signature verification, and their Unemployment Verification.
    Registration

Eligible Participants can register for the program at www.kmart.com/smartassist, by
    following these steps:

1. Select US State of Residence from drop down menu.
    2. Qualifying participants will be directed to a page offering program details where
    registrants will be required to enter their first and last name, email address, zip
    code and birth date. A signature will be required on the savings card once printed
    for discount to be honored at check-out.
    3.Registrants can also opt-in for Kmart promotional emails.
    4. Upon entry of the required data, registrants will be presented with a one-page
    image that contains an abbreviated summary of the program’s details, including
    key reminders about required documentation for use with the savings card, and the
    actual savings card for registrants to print and sign.
    Upon issuance of the savings card, registrant’s name and an expiration date will be printed
    on the card. The customer’s signature will be required on the card. The expiration date
    will align with the discount bar code printed on the card.
    Reprinting a lost card
    Registrants will receive an email confirming their registration and should keep the email
    for future reference (i.e., reprinting a new card if lost or damaged).
    Questions
    Customer inquiries should be made to: 866-KMART-4U (866-562-7848).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So are they just being compassionate with their own sales, or is this some Government subsidy, wealth-spreading, tax-spending, stimulus package?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So are they just being compassionate with their own sales, or is this some Government subsidy, wealth-spreading, tax-spending, stimulus package?
    My thought too. If they are doing this to help and taking a hit in their bottom line I'll sing their praise. But if they are making up the difference with gooberment provided tax money...:xmad:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    funny-pictures-cat-has-a-half-full-glass.jpg

I guess at least it wasn't the evil China-Mart...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a novel plan to get more people in their stores.
    They've been losing ground for a long long time.
    If they can build a good loyalty with customers, that might be worth taking a hit right now.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I think Wal-Mart has hurt them more than anything. This may be just the thing to get some of that customer base back. The question is...will the customers drawn in by this offer stay once things turn around for them. Most shoppers have little loyalty...but rather go where the best prices are. Which until this offer...was Wal-Mart.

I think it's a good offer...but I'm realistic enough to know it's an offer that K-Mart hopes will add value to their bottom line.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I don't know anything about the government subsidy comments (I hope that's not true), but this sounds like a good idea to me. I know some people out of work right now, and I plan on letting them know about this. Every little bit helps.

Top Bottom