• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I wanted to share some targets I created to assist in zeroing an Aimpoint optic. They work rather well and make zeroing a quicker process than other targets I've used.

The targets are 'calibrated' for a 50 yard zero and consist of a colored portion that corresponds to the size of the optics dot (2 or 4 MOA), a black 1 MOA center dot, and a larger ring to assist in centering the sight on the target. There are also grid lines with click adjustments (number of clicks and windage and elevation references). I included targets with both red and green center portions. I liked the green center as I could easily tell when my site was fully covering the center of the target without the reds of both the optic and target 'bleeding' together. A couple buddies preferred the red target.

Place the target at 50 yards (the optic dot will completely cover the colored portion of the corresponding target). Use the outer black ring on the target to assist in centering the optics dot over the center of the target. Shoot your groups and adjust the optic by referencing the adjustment grid lines on the target.

5510580622_edc98ff849_b.jpg

5510580632_192059baff_b.jpg

5510580694_92f0e49610_b.jpg

5509978961_91104173ec_b.jpg

Download the targets in .pdf format here:

50 yard Aimpoint Zero Targets.pdf

Just make sure your printer is set for 100% scaling and you should be good to go.

I hope this can be useful to others.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom