• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah thats the norm around here. Valpo Wally World has been out of everything except skeet for at least two weeks, even .40 and they always had .40. I think they cut back due to the economy and now even those that worship at the feet of the great messiah are buying guns and ammo. Hopefully places get restocked and the prices come down before it is all illegal.
    WM doesn't "cut back" on items they see flying off the shelves. They have the best inventory tracking system in the world. They can tell you exactly what they sold worldwide on an hourly basis for any SKU in their stores. They can tell you the selling trends for last week, last month, last year. They use this system to GET MORE of fast selling items. The fact is, even the mighty WM cannot get all the ammo they want. Everyone is trying to buy there because, like everything else, they consistently have the lowest prices in the country. For everyone who thinks WM will get out of the guns and ammo business due to political pressure, remember where they're from: NW Arkansas. That's as good a 2A neighborhood as any in the country.

I was running errands in the Indy area yesterday and stopped in at two Wal-Marts to check ammo supplies and they both had zero 9mm and .45. That's why I have a back-up relationship in the hunting dept of another major national retailer who gives me their sale price on 500 rd cases whenever I want. I've never seen them run out of stock, but it's probably because their everyday price is $14.99 on a box of 9mm and $20 on .45. The local gun shops also have plenty of inventory but generally don't match Wally's everyday price even on a 1K case.

Last edited:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Everyone does understand that the ammunition sold in Walmart is sub-standard? If you look at a box of Winchester white box you will notice that they lack the "Q", meaning they are not "Q loads and therefore are of lower quality. Buyer beware of this ammo, we have seen several dented cases and primers not working. Sure, I admit I am bias since I own a gun shop. But I would rather buy by the 1000 which will get you a better price than Wally world and also get you better ammo.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Wal Mart Score!

Wally world in Franklin today had a ton of Blazer Brass in 9mm and .40 and box of .45 Bought 15 boxes ! Oh Glorious day. Lots of .22 stinger there too. :rockwoot:Asked the guy and he said it came in last night but had no idea when getting more. Still some left on shelves when I left.

ride22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Everyone does understand that the ammunition sold in Walmart is sub-standard? If you look at a box of Winchester white box you will notice that they lack the "Q", meaning they are not "Q loads and therefore are of lower quality. Buyer beware of this ammo, we have seen several dented cases and primers not working. Sure, I admit I am bias since I own a gun shop. But I would rather buy by the 1000 which will get you a better price than Wally world and also get you better ammo.

I buy a decent amount of .40 from WM and haven't had any problems yet. Perhaps I have been lucky.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So that is where their Lower Prices come from. Go Figure.

It is easy to check the ammo for dented cases before you buy, but how do you check the primers?

Beech Grove Firearms has excellent prices on their ammo. Buy there.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Don't know how or if this even applies, but my daughter works at WW and has told me that they are going to phase out the sporting section in Crawfordsville. She doesn't know when or any specific information, but it was discussed at an employee meeting. As soon as I get more info I'll pass it on.

Fire

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Don't know how or if this even applies, but my daughter works at WW and has told me that they are going to phase out the sporting section in Crawfordsville. She doesn't know when or any specific information, but it was discussed at an employee meeting. As soon as I get more info I'll pass it on.

Fire

Unfortunately, I predict that Wal-Mart will be Gun & Ammo Free before we have a new President :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Fire

Noooooo!:tantrum:

(at least we now have a Big R.)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I had to run out need Danville, and stopped in at the Avon Wal-Mart. Pistol ammo was under the counter. I saw one box of .32 auto. That was it.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Wally's in Columbia City has no 9mm on the shelf. I do want to get some Winchester XPert .22 ammo, they have that.

Also, Apple Glen Wally's in Ft Wayne is out as well.

I've seen Rural King stores that have a bunch of ammo, and some shotgun slugs on sale.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Tried to get rural king to price with wally world, said they will only do it within the area and if they have it in stock. So that kinda sucks.....most wallys are out of everything!!!!

Top Bottom