• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I got pulled over by a state trooper here in Evansville for 50 in a 35. It's one of those back roads where I've honestly never seen a reduced speed sign. I was OCing my G21 with my 2 mag paddle on my other hip. He ran my stuff, came back and said "Thanks for your service (I have veteran's plates, and a few patch stickers on my back glass), just try and slow down.". I assume since he ran my info he knew I was carrying, but it was never brought up. That's how it should be.... verbal warning and all... lol Seriously though, there are a lot of great LEOs here around E-ville.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The last time I got pulled over while going 20 or so MPH over the limit, I wasn't so lucky. This was when I was living in Tennessee and it was a long time ago, but I still remember it. I can still recall that certain professional glee as that officer informed me that my action was prima facia evidence of wreckless driving. That was a costly ticket, for a variety of reasons...lesson learned!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    A friend of mine has a son that's 17 or 18 who was driving on a side road with some buddies and decided to gun it. He got smacked for a 80 in a 40. Then, upon arriving home, he got his car taken away, grounded, etc. Kid's mom calls up my buddy (divorced) and they decided upon some other punishment.

Kid was remorseful and hated what he got for his stupid actions. And he was going to have to pay for the reckless driving ticket himself.

Mom works for someplace that a LEO walks in to buy (grocery I think?) and she decides to ask the LEO about the ticket, what's the next step, told him the kid got punished and was regretful.

LEO says wait a minute, goes outside and comes back in. Asks if the woman was talking about {name} and she says yes. He talks with her about his punishment, his remorse and the fact that he got a lot more parenting that most.

After their discussion, he pulls out the ticket, tells her he's the LEO that pulled the kid over and that he hadn't turned the ticket in yet. He proceeds to tear the ticket up in front of her. He thanks her for getting involved and parenting.

They didn't tell the kid for a couple of weeks.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    After their discussion, he pulls out the ticket, tells her he's the LEO that pulled the kid over and that he hadn't turned the ticket in yet. He proceeds to tear the ticket up in front of her.
    So the old story about "I can't do anything, I've already written it" is a lie?
    toetap.gif

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So the old story about "I can't do anything, I've already written it" is a lie?
    toetap.gif
    it depends on the department, and of course if its computerized, as was already pointed out. Some places tracked ALL of the tickets by the number, so when you messed up a ticket, you had to turn in the ticket. Was kind of stupid and childish, but to each their own. As an MP, I tried to not write tickets very often, unless people "begged" me to write them one. Heck, we pulled over a speeder on post before, as we were talking to him, said that he was in an argument with his wife and was on the way to the driving range to cool down (the driving range on that post was available for use 24 hours a day). So we followed him to the range and bought him a bucket of balls for saving us the paperwork on a domestic. Just depends on the officer and of course your attitude toward him as well.

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I like the "nobody got a ticket" part. Must have been quittin time or time to go pick up one of his kids from somewhere.

Troopers have an e-ticket system now. They scan your drivers license and then click a button and it prints your ticket. No writing required.

Maybe he was just a nice guy? :dunno:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Can't believe he let you off - especially since you had clips on you...

My bad. I had 2 extra bullet holder thingies.

Sooooo, this post really isn't about OC'ing is it? You're just braggin' you dodged a $200 ticket. Nicely played.
    The post was really more about not informing. This is the first time I've been pulled over in 10 years, & my plan has always been that I wasn't going to inform EVER, unless I was OC'ing. Funny thing was, I never got an opportunity during that stop where it seemed like a good idea or necessity to mention it.

A "Concerned Citizen" does not set his cruise control at 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
    Me being a "Concerned Citizen" does not make me a perfect citizen. The fact that I haven't been pulled over for anything in the last 10+ years should attest to the fact that I am not usually a speed demon. Yes, I did backslide this weekend, & I fully expected to pay the price. 37 south of Bloomington is almost a nice as I-70, so although I was indeed breaking the law, I wasn't driving in a wreckless manner.

And yes, I conider myself a very lucky man.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    You lucky sob! lol they would have pulled me out of car and pistol whipped me for that. Hell i go 5 over and i get slapped with speeding ticket and seat belt! I think concerned citizen is really a super hot woman that flirted her way out of a ticket....no way you are a guy lol!

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You lucky sob! lol they would have pulled me out of car and pistol whipped me for that. Hell i go 5 over and i get slapped with speeding ticket and seat belt! I think concerned citizen is really a super hot woman that flirted her way out of a ticket....no way you are a guy lol!

Definitely a Dude. However, when you're as good looking as I am, you get it from girls & guys both. It's a blessing & a curse. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom