• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry I wasn't able to come down and partake in your beer pouring out ceremony...

-J-

It was in the bathroom sink and the wife was in the tub. Would have been too awkward anyway ;)

We did chill too much Miller Chill yesterday for the party so that's in our garage fridge. The new one is Sun King Pale Ale. We bought 4 growlers a few weeks ago and need to get them refilled. Soon I'll get a kegerator for the basement and be set long term

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would have averted mine eyes!

Miller Chill is the drink of choice for one of my brothers-in-law.

I've yet to sample any Sun King anything - i hear good things about them.

Difficult for me to find beers I like, though. I just don't like most of 'em - plus I'm a diabetic. The beer that I DO like are the high carb ones (Blue Moon - Leinie's Summer Shandy -that vein.)

Oh well....can't win 'em all!

It was in the bathroom sink and the wife was in the tub. Would have been too awkward anyway ;)

We did chill too much Miller Chill yesterday for the party so that's in our garage fridge. The new one is Sun King Pale Ale. We bought 4 growlers a few weeks ago and need to get them refilled. Soon I'll get a kegerator for the basement and be set long term

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    And it was only 2 bottles :(

My wife loves Dogfish head beer but it's hard to find. The liquor store said they quit distributing it in Indiana a year ago. Today I picked up two bottles of this stuff, we each opened one after the kids were in bed, and down the drain it went.....

Now THAT'S alcohol abuse :laugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's a very good beer you dumped, I'm fairly certain that's considered alcohol abuse.

"Good" is in the eye of the beholder though. My wife spit hers out in the sink rather than swallow hers. I swallowed it and didn't drink any more. I know I should have just opened one and then the second if we liked it but I was in a hurry. D'oh.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Never cared for Dogfish, whatever one I tried.
    Gnawbone, Robert the Bruce or my new fave........Double Crooked Tree IPA.
    Have to admit to having a few Bug Lights yesterday.....as I am out of the others listed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm confused... You say you want to find Dogfish Head beer, but you bought Dogfish Head beer and poured it down the drain because you didn't like it? Different flavor?

FYI: The only beer I have is over a year old case of Budweiser I have been using for beer brats for, well over a year... Can't stand the taste of alchohol.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Building a new brewery for a micro brew is financial suicide right now in this economy. You have to sell enough to justify it, and there's a ton of micro's out there competing for a very small market share.

And...
    With Sierra Nevada, Oskar Blues and New Belgium opening up breweries in North Carolina, Dogfishhead is going to have some competition.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm confused... You say you want to find Dogfish Head beer, but you bought Dogfish Head beer and poured it down the drain because you didn't like it? Different flavor?

I went to wikipedia and they have made 39 varieties. I know my wife doesn't like "stout" versions. I can never remember what she actualyl likes. They had two, this raisin thing and a stout. I knew the stout wasn't going to be appreciated so I got the other.

I'm a simple man. Give me the 80% mass produced market leaders, or maybe the Summer Shandy or Corona/Chill, or a McUltra

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I went to wikipedia and they have made 39 varieties. I know my wife doesn't like "stout" versions. I can never remember what she actualyl likes. They had two, this raisin thing and a stout. I knew the stout wasn't going to be appreciated so I got the other.

I'm a simple man. Give me the 80% mass produced market leaders, or maybe the Summer Shandy or Corona/Chill, or a McUltra

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification for someone who doesn't know the first thing about beer.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I pay $10.00 for a 12 oz beer, I'm drinking it no matter how bad it is...I can't imagine any DFH would be that bad.

The 120 minute is one of my favorites...It can give you a buzz with 1-12oz bottle.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I had a Sun King at the Vic last week. Wasn't bad.

Pouring beer down the drain is sacrelige. You can cook with crappy beer instead of wasting it.

T_F, a pallate for good alcohol can be learned.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    And it was only 2 bottles :(

My wife loves Dogfish head beer but it's hard to find. The liquor store said they quit distributing it in Indiana a year ago. Today I picked up two bottles of this stuff, we each opened one after the kids were in bed, and down the drain it went. Boooo. Just not our taste. It's also 18% alcohol which would have been nice. Anyone know where to buy dogfish head in Indy in bottles?
    I'll keep an eye out, meanwhile let me know if you see any Tommy Knocker:
    ourBeer
    I can't enter CO without making a stop to pick up something, but thus far I've had to travel to CO to have any.

There's a store called BevMo that's popular on the west coast, they stock deep, and if you go in they can order just about any brew you ask for, and in CA, they're more common than a Kroger in IN. Nearest one is in AZ, but they do ship to IN and they do carry Dogfish:
    http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductLi...hall&Nty=1&D=dogfish&Ntk=All&Dx=mode+matchall
    (not sure if the search link worked or not)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a Sun King at the Vic last week. Wasn't bad.

Pouring beer down the drain is sacrelige. You can cook with crappy beer instead of wasting it.

T_F, a pallate for good alcohol can be learned.

And that's why I became a beer judge! :rockwoot:

State Fair judging is this weekend. I'll be drinking English Pales :) and Smoke and Wood Aged :(

Top Bottom