• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And it was only 2 bottles :(

My wife loves Dogfish head beer but it's hard to find. The liquor store said they quit distributing it in Indiana a year ago. Today I picked up two bottles of this stuff, we each opened one after the kids were in bed, and down the drain it went. Boooo. Just not our taste. It's also 18% alcohol which would have been nice. Anyone know where to buy dogfish head in Indy in bottles?

84b5644b.jpg

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Pouring Dogfish Head down the drain?

:crying:

It's not possible to buy Dogfish Head in Indiana anymore. But if you live close to the border, there's options.

Fish Finder | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales

Use this to locate your favorite Dogfish Head near you. Luckily for me my brother just moved to Cincinnati, and comes back every 4-6 weeks. I have a standing order of the 90 minute IPA, and he gets a little extra for gas money for his trouble.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    And it was only 2 bottles :(

My wife loves Dogfish head beer but it's hard to find. The liquor store said they quit distributing it in Indiana a year ago. Today I picked up two bottles of this stuff, we each opened one after the kids were in bed, and down the drain it went. Boooo. Just not our taste. It's also 18% alcohol which would have been nice. Anyone know where to buy dogfish head in Indy in bottles?

Dogfish pulled the plug on the Indiana market because they could not brew enough to keep up with demand. Also, if you find any newly bottled Dogfish in the state of Indiana being sold, it's being bootlegged in, not a good thing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Dogfish pulled the plug on the Indiana market because they could not brew enough to keep up with demand. Also, if you find any newly bottled Dogfish in the state of Indiana being sold, it's being bootlegged in, not a good thing.

Interesting. Why not build another facility? Hrm.

This place had about 16 bottles, it was brewed in 2007 I believe

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Drink something classy like PBR and you don't have to worry about not being able to find it. Just don't drink it out of the bottles as that is far too uppity. The ONLY thing I like about hipsters is their demand for PBR in bars. There are a few around here that sell PBR cans for $.25 a night (during the week as hipsters don't hang out in the dive bars during the week).

If you like fancy brews and have trouble finding stuff, start brewing at home. Even if you don't go all grain recipes, you can homebrew some very tasty ales/beer/lagers. I brewed some blueberry wheat that was about 8% (mostly extract recipe) for around $35 for 5 gallons. It was better than most blueberry wheat microbrews I've had.

Just a quick search on Google took me to a bunch of different Dogfish head recipes. I really need to get active again on homebrewtalk.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Interesting. Why not build another facility? Hrm.

This place had about 16 bottles, it was brewed in 2007 I believe

Building a new brewery for a micro brew is financial suicide right now in this economy. You have to sell enough to justify it, and there's a ton of micro's out there competing for a very small market share.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Drink something classy like PBR and you don't have to worry about not being able to find it. Just don't drink it out of the bottles as that is far too uppity. The ONLY thing I like about hipsters is their demand for PBR in bars. There are a few around here that sell PBR cans for $.25 a night (during the week as hipsters don't hang out in the dive bars during the week).

25 cents a can???

Guess they want to just sell beer and don't want to make money, because that's below wholesale cost per case.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    25 cents a can???

Guess they want to just sell beer and don't want to make money, because that's below wholesale cost per case.

Yes sir. I was a bit shocked when I saw that it was $.25 a can (when the hipsters are there, it sells for $1.50 or $1.75 a can). I think they make up plenty from the hipster d-bags on Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the week, it is just locals and I didn't really see many people drinking the PBR.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    aye the blue ribbon makes my chest flourish with grainy hair..

for special occasions however, yeungling fills the spot.

Can't always find Yuengling locally so homebrew recipes can get you close enough. A friend that LOVES Yuengling said that the clone recipe was almost perfect. Right around $40 for 5 gallons. The worst part of homebrewing is staying out of it for a couple weeks to a month letting it finish.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    luckily for me, my sister is in daytona right now.. i put in an order for 3 cases before she leaves.. ;)

the brew thing is out of the question for me, or else id get creative.

Can't always find Yuengling locally
    ohio is the closest state that has yeungling distributors. kinda upsetting.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The Sinking Ship at 49th/College sells 16oz PBRs for $2.00 nightly. I go get one of their great tenderloin sammiches and a couple PBRs and walk back home satisfied. Good grub....... :yesway:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    The Sinking Ship at 49th/College sells 16oz PBRs for $2.00 nightly. I go get one of their great tenderloin sammiches and a couple PBRs and walk back home satisfied. Good grub....... :yesway:
    I keep wanting to do their "challenge", but also keep finding myself wimp out. It can be done, and I shall conquer it soon!!! :rockwoot:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Building a new brewery for a micro brew is financial suicide right now in this economy. You have to sell enough to justify it, and there's a ton of micro's out there competing for a very small market share.

There's a great documentary on Netflix, 'Beer Wars,' about Anheiser-Busch/Miller/Coors dominating like 80%+ of the beer market. And each of the brands I just listed tastes like trash pissed into a bottle. I support small or even foreign breweries just to flip off the Big Three, futile though it might be. Canada has a few which make some nice stuff. La Fin du Monde is excellent, if ale on lees is your thing, 18%. Not the water-swill most are so used to drinking - and FLAVOR - my God, beer actually has taste! And different tastes!

I've had more than one friend spit out LfdM because "it doesn't taste like beer." By "beer" he meant Natty Ice and MGD. Makes me sick, the state of things. Good news is I hear micros are on an upswing.

Last edited:

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    You can get Dogfish Head at the Chalet Party Shops around South Bend/ Elkhart area. I know this doesn't help you in Indy but if you want to take a drive someday?

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Yes sir. I was a bit shocked when I saw that it was $.25 a can (when the hipsters are there, it sells for $1.50 or $1.75 a can). I think they make up plenty from the hipster d-bags on Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the week, it is just locals and I didn't really see many people drinking the PBR.
    There is a real good reason for that, it's nasty!!!

Top Bottom