• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As MightySanta suggested, we may be well served to consider how things are going to go down when realistically at least 1/4 of any given city of any size can be expected to erupt into this type of bedlam and much, much worse (think LA riots).

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    This kind of **** pisses me off to no end. I understand some people need help. But damn, both the people the lady interviewed seemed more than capable of surviving on their own. I'm 19, my fiance and I are making it JUST FINE on our own. No problems at all.

Matter of fact, we're about to start shopping for a house. We quickly realized apartment living wasn't for us.

Some people are just unbelievable.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Two people working 40 hours a week at a fast food joint and living within their means could easily afford a 1 bedroom apartment and enough food for themselves. The ****..

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Two people working 40 hours a week at a fast food joint and living within their means could easily afford a 1 bedroom apartment and enough food for themselves. The ****..

Well, they could until they each get cut down to 25 hours on account of ObamaCare, but then again, his mission seems to be to put as many people as possible in the position of sucking the .gov teat.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Every person standing there in front of the news camera on there obama phones seemed perfectly capable of providing for themselves. They basically ruined it for anyone who truly needed help. Is there an application process or do they just hand out vouchers to whoever?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Every person standing there in front of the news camera on there obama phones seemed perfectly capable of providing for themselves. They basically ruined it for anyone who truly needed help. Is there an application process or do they just hand out vouchers to whoever?

My guess is that it depends to a large extent on who is handing out the goods. For example, just under 20 years ago a number of people were in for a really rude shock when a new township trustee named Rick Long was elected. His predecessor paid most any bill people brought in--literally. When he took office, he considered both the requirements for assistance (i.e., that it be a necessary utility) and that the state law required people to work if he had a work program (which promptly came to be in effect). How he operated was to make two stacks on his desk when people brought in their bills: One was for things he would pay like heating oil and the other was things he would not pay (although his predecessor did) like cable television bills. He also had work for all of them to do, which by law, he didn't have to help them any further if they refused. It is amazing how much the township got cleaned up.

While telling a story probably wasn't the answer you had in mind, I would speculate that to a great extent the answer depends largely on the people controlling the local office. In this case, it sounded much like throwing one steak to a pack of wolves and watching them fight over it. In the end, we may all see things that truly amaze us not only in terms of stupid and irresponsible operation of government (I know, but no matter how much we think there should be a bottom limit, there isn't) and the behavior of feral humans.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How about Detroit lets people homestead on vacant urban land? Title and property tax waiver for anyone who builds a new house on some of the vacant lots in the city.

Might at least get some working residents back into the city.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Every person standing there in front of the news camera on there obama phones seemed perfectly capable of providing for themselves.

Exactly. I didn't see anyone on the video in need, what I see are a bunch of people who want. They should be told to want in one hand, **** in the other and see which one fills up first. Selfish, lazy and ignorant is no way to go through life.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    They should take applications and schedule appointments for recipients.
    Thus eliminating crowds. Simple.
    But, that doesn't help the libs. They'd rather have this kind of situation that they can leverage in the news to drum up sympathy.
    Unfortunately, some who really do need the help are caught in the middle.

This is part of the greater Detroit area disaster resulting from decades of liberal policies and administration.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Memorable quote from the video... "when the people here found out that they wouldn't help" that's when the trouble started. I was taught that one asked for help; that help was dependent upon the one who was being asked. They had the option of helping or not helping. When "help" becomes expected, enabling has occurred.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    They should take applications and schedule appointments for recipients.
    Thus eliminating crowds. Simple.
    But, that doesn't help the libs. They'd rather have this kind of situation that they can leverage in the news to drum up sympathy.
    Unfortunately, some who really do need the help are caught in the middle.

This is part of the greater Detroit area disaster resulting from decades of liberal policies and administration.

If you want to see what Obama has planned for the nation, look at Detroit.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I shared this on twitter. Got the following response:

"How do you hold such a broad brush and swing it? It looks way too heavy to even lift from over here, sir. Do the actions of entitled loafers give us license to let legitimately needy people die in the street? Who gets to draw that line? I'm sure there are bad actors in the world, but the elderly lady with the O2 tank from the clip - probably not buying rims w/her EBT"

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about Detroit lets people homestead on vacant urban land? Title and property tax waiver for anyone who builds a new house on some of the vacant lots in the city.

Might at least get some working residents back into the city.
    It wouldnt be necessary for them to build the homes. Half the population fled the city after the auto company layoffs and other economic woes. They could take one of the many vacant homes that the city is currently demolishing.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This sounds like par for the course for a Detroit suburb. When I lived in the Flint area it was the same way albeit no riots. The way they handle this voucher business is idiotic to begin with, they pass them out like concert tickets or the hot item on black friday. My mother was on disability (and oxygen like the oxygen lady in the video) and her friend tried to take her once to the section 8 disbursement in Flint and it was ridiculous a bunch of able bodied freeloaders standing in line. The disabled and elderly can't wait in line all night in the middle of winter to get a voucher. It's 2013 for crying out loud have they never heard of the internet, applications can be taken online and disbursement given based on actual need after reviewing the apps. An earlier poster was right on when he said those in a household could still survive and pay rent. I worked part time while going to college and still afforded a studio apt and a car payment and other bills. The problem is if many of these people actually work then it likely cuts into their other assistance and it will be reduced, who would want that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's a radical concept- whatever happened to "shame"

- At any point in my life, I would be ashamed to not be able to provide for myself.
    - I would be ashamed to act like a rude fool in trying to get a handout.
    - Actually, I'd be ashamed to wait overnight, seeking a handout.

If the programs were limited to those who CAN NOT provide for themselves, rather than those who simply do not provide for themselves, there would be no need to wait overnight.

Too many people are convinced that society is made up of oppressors and the oppressed, the victors and the victims. People, you are who and what you decide to be.

Top Bottom